Author Topic: Optima Elite  (Read 1198 times)

Offline 99 jeep

• Trade Count: (0)
Optima Elite
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:55:08 PM »
Well as i posted on another site im getting a gun for fathers day and its going to be the new cva optima elite muzzelloader as well as a 308 or a 30.06 barrel but before i tell her to get it id like all or any kind of info or past or present testing thoughts on this gun im a cva fan already as i own a cva eclipes magnum muzzel loader. Please help...........................

Offline oldrookie

• Avid Poster
Re: Optima Elite
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 05:29:00 AM »
Good place to hang your hat! These guys know the Elite inside and out.....literally. Myself, I started with the Optima with the 26" barrell. I see whats going to happen though. If your new to muzzleloading as I am, its addicting. Kind of like running....there is no finish line. I just have the will to get closer and closer groups.

Good luck with your purchase and have fun with it.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:57:18 AM »

Hello 99 Jeep...

Welcome to GBO...

I've got the 50 cal. stainless and 308 stainless barrels and love the performance I have gotten so far..With the Barnes TMZ bullets and 110 grains of Pyrodex FFg I'm getting less than 1/2" groups at 100 yards with it..and with 175 grain Fed match ammo in the 308 about the same..I don't have the o6' barrel but Digger does and his is shooting really good with his hand loads..I also have a blued 243 barrel that is a 1/2" shooter and a 12ga. turkey barrel that patterns pretty darn good.I'm heading out to the range this morning to shoot it some more with my new Mueller scope I put on it...as well as my new Savage mod 10 FP in 308...I'll let you know how it goes..I'm just shooting factory in the 308 for right now till I have it good and broke in..then I'll be reloading for it..I think you will really like getting one of these for Fathers Day... ;D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline 99 jeep

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 07:58:01 AM »
I cannot wait so far from hunting net and here all i hear is good i cannot wait for for you info this should be good ill be on stand by and wait thanks and take care and good shooting.

Offline Buckskins & Black Powder

• Trade Count: (16)
    • Buckskins & Black Powder
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2007, 09:35:02 AM »
I cannot wait so far from hunting net and here all i hear is good i cannot wait for for you info this should be good ill be on stand by and wait thanks and take care and good shooting.

try www.budsgunshop.com  They have a thumbhole stock elite and Stainless steel for a very good price.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2007, 10:20:35 AM »
Welcome aboard 99jeep! As you've probably read already, I'm getting excellent accuracy out of my 7mm-08 Optima Elite, I think it's an outstanding value for a very reasonable price. ;)

CVA customer service is A-1 in my book too, I sent mine in for a free trigger job, it just doesn't get any better than that. Others have been very happy with the trigger as it came out of the box, being just over 3lbs or so, mine was over 5lbs, but I think it might have been an exception.

Check out RR Arms, they have good prices and their shipping is the most reasonable I've experienced, less than $17 to the west coast for a rifle, Bud's wanted $25> last I checked.

Tim

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?action=1004&brand=CVAOEML

http://rrarms.com/catalog.php?action=1004&brand=CVAOECOM
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain