Author Topic: 9/11, Hunters where were you? For book project!  (Read 554 times)

Offline outdoor33

• Trade Count: (0)
9/11, Hunters where were you? For book project!
« on: August 11, 2003, 05:34:23 AM »
Greetings from Colorado,

I am working on a book project called "Where were you on 9/11" this book will share your personal stories and personal experience as hunters in the field or on the waters fishing.

I am curious how the world changed when you when you returned from the field, what did you think, when you heard the news about the Twin Towers going down in New York City? How did you find out? what was your reaction? How did you feel about your outdoor experience after hearing the news?

There is no compensation for your stories, we need to let folks know that we were shocked and hurt when we heard the news. For example, As I returned home from my hunting trip in Minnesota, all I heard is how could you stay in the field, knowing what happened? So, I want to hear what you have to say... I would appreciate any help you can provide, if you know of any other hunters or fishermen who has something to share please let me know, if you can provide pictures of you in your hunting gear with game you have taken that's great, if you just have a picture of you in hunting clothes that will work, thanks for all your help, please send stories to:

Dr. Michael Brooks
11677 West 62nd Ave. #10
Arvada, CO 80004
Mbrooks33@aol.com

Or e-mail your story and send picture to address above, thanks.

Offline Cabin4

• Avery H. Wallace
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Out West
9/11, Hunters where were you? For book proj
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2003, 02:39:07 AM »
Heres my 9/11 story.

Friday 9/7/2001 I am returning from a bear hunting trip in northern Maine back home in PENN. WHile driving south on 95 north of Bango Maine, I hear on the CB radio that the south bound lanes are blocked off by the Border Patrol and be preparred to come to a full stop. So I do and sure enough there is a road block and Boarder Patrol Officers are doing a quick "roll down you window" interview of every car. Its my trun now, I roill down my window and the Officer says, good afternoon sir are you a US citizen, I anser Yes, he says have a nice day and a safe trip. Thank you and I'm on my way. As I start to go I look over the the right side of 95 and there is a rest stop there. The entire rest area is full of cars and Boarder Patrol. The area is packed and they are inspecting cars. Luggage out all over the place. Looked like mass confusion.

Then a few days later 9/11 happens. A few days later detail of the highjakers come out. Some of the highjakers flew out of Maine to Boston. They think these guys came in thru the canadian border into Maine.

I put this altogether and think they maybe had a tip or 2 or some intelligance that pointed them to stop cars looking for terrorists.

Is there a connection between what i saw and 9/11 ?  I don't know but it sure looks like there is.
Avery Hayden Wallace
Obama Administration: A corrupt criminal enterprise of bold face liars.
The States formed the Union. The Union did not form the States. States Rights!
GET US OUT OF THE UN. NO ONE WORLD GOVERNMENT!
S.A.S.S/NRA Life Member/2nd Amendment Foundation
CCRKBA/Gun Owners of America
California Rifle & Pistol Association
Ron Paul Was Right!
Long Live the King! #3