Author Topic: Giant Hog in AL  (Read 356 times)

Offline Awf Hand

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Giant Hog in AL
« on: June 01, 2007, 11:13:08 AM »
Has anybody seen the pics floating around of this?  Is this for real?
I've been teaching kids to shoot pistol (4-H) for years and I've NEVER seen an 11yr old kid who could handle a gun that big.  Something smells funny... :-\
Just my Awf Hand comments...

Offline Almtnman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: Giant Hog in AL
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 11:15:18 AM »
You might want to check this news story about it.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277097,00.html
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 08:12:10 AM »
I too am a shooting instructor for kids, and most kids can not shoot a big bore pistol.  But every once in a while I will get a very determined youngster in that has the determination, and physical ability, to shoot the big stuff.  Had one 9 yr old that liked shooting my .454 Casull.  He did far better than I expected.  Up here there is a lot of interest in the big pistols due to the bears.  And if Dad shoots it the kids want to shoot it.  Also many guys have brakes on their big pistols, and there is no reason some kids can not shoot these well.  Also looked like the kid that shot the hog had a brake on his pistol.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 04:43:17 PM »
What what I found out that it took the kid like 16 shots and three hours to kill the hog. My question was why didn't the dad step in kill the hog. It's stories like these that give hunters a bad name.
Chance favors the prepared mind