Author Topic: new deer revolver?  (Read 512 times)

Offline JKump

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
new deer revolver?
« on: May 30, 2007, 11:59:38 AM »
Last year I hunted with a Taurus Tracker 4" 357 mag.  I took one deer with it.  I am thinking of getting a 44 Mag this summer for deer season.  Does any one have any experience with the Taurus Mod. 444 Ultralite 44 mag. Raging Bull??  I know it is only a 4" 44 mag. but it should fit into my current holsters and stuff. 
Also has any one any experience with any of the Taurus 44 mags?   I might be talked into the 6" barrel, but I kind of like the way 4" barreled guns handle.
Everyone has a game plan, until they get punched in the mouth.

Live everyday as if it is your last!  Because someday you will be right.

Offline victorcharlie

Re: new deer revolver?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2007, 02:20:37 PM »
I have a Taurus Tracker in a 4 inch 44 Mag that I like alot.  I haven't used it on game yet.  I love the size.
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline jhm

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2007, 02:50:51 PM »
I would say ANY good quality 44 mag is sufficient to take a deer, but that would also mean that you were skilled enough to shoot accurately with it, for a hunting revolver I personally would go with a 6 in. model but thats just me. ;)   JIM

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 03:04:49 PM »
I have not tried the Taurus but I did get a Ruger 44mag Redhawk 7 1/2 barrel. Have not took a any thing with it but like the way it feels and shots great.