Author Topic: 223 Superlight  (Read 296 times)

Offline holahead

• Trade Count: (29)
  • A Real Regular
223 Superlight
« on: June 19, 2007, 02:15:21 PM »
Can anybody tell me the good or bad on the 223 Superlight barrels. Are they finicky like the 243 Superlights or are they pretty good shooters like the 22 Hornet Superlights. Any comments are welcome good or bad.

Thanks

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Re: 223 Superlight
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 02:34:24 PM »
I personally don't own one, but from what I remember reading from posters here,  it is one of the lesser finicky Super Lights like the Hornet. Most reports from members that have had a hard time were from 243 SL Handi owners, but even these barrels have proven themselves to be shooters lately with a little TLC.
I believe if  (or course given everything has been done right form the factory) the lock up is tight, no side to side play, and there is a good forearm with no extreme pressure points, in a Handi it should be able to perform well. It may take handloading to cater to it, but then again it may not..
Heck buy one and if your not happy with it sell it in the classifieds. We all have our projects and are looking for another barrel to work with.... ;D

-Aaron

Offline ctaylor

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: 223 Superlight
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 05:17:03 PM »
my superlight youth shoots great with some 60 grn hornady soft points and reloader 7 but havent found any thing else that comes close to acceptable and i tried alot!!!