Author Topic: Necessary equipment and training  (Read 370 times)

Offline corbanzo

• Trade Count: (2)
Necessary equipment and training
« on: June 10, 2007, 05:34:19 AM »
It is the truth fellas, and it can’t be stopped.  Animals are getting smarter, they are getting tougher, they are truly outrunning the sportsman, and there is almost nothing that we can do about it.  Almost nothing.  If there is one thing that sets humans apart from animals, it is mechanical advantage.  We need to use and improve this mechanical advantage to make sure that our game does not get away from us.  I have a few suggestions about gear and tools we can use to make sure that they don’t get away.

First I would like to talk about clothes.  It has been reported to me that the nose of an elk has now reached the power where it can smell a hunter upwind at 300 yards.  We need to push for government legislation to do a study of what scents may block a hunter, and may even draw an elk in towards us.  Without this tool, the animal would easily get away if we were within their sniff range.  And also, make sure that you have your scent block on at all times, you never know when human scent will put a raccoon into such a rage that it will rip the camo right off your legs. 

Bringing up camo is a good idea.  The old style of camo just doesn’t work anymore, 2D was something we used back in the 1800’s because nobody knew better.  We all need leafy 3D camo, and if you are in the desert, it’s gotta have spines on it.  Who are we to think that we can fool a deer with just regular old flat camo anymore?  They are figuring this stuff out.  There are now super deer that have eyesight up to 60/20!!  (They see at 60 feet what we see at 20)  And I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to be outsmarted by any deer. 

With these deer being able to see so well, we need things which will help us out.  The new regulatory minimum for any sight in scope or riflescope, I believe should be a 12 power.  So instead of 3-9’s as a starting scope, we will have 12-60 power as our base rifle scope or spotting scope.  If you cannot see way better than your game, you cannot responsibly take game, that is just how it is.  Any if you have to see that far, you also need to hear that far.  We need to bring in the dish receivers which are attached to an ear piece so that we can hear any sound up to 400 yards away.  You never know what a goat is going to be saying up on that hill, and you need that information to be able to hunt him well.  If the hoof clicks wrong, we all know you can’t take that shot until the hoof clicks just right. 

You may have noticed that I have not mentioned anything short range here.  And that is because IT CAN BE DISASTROUSLY STRESSFUL ON ANIMALS HAVING HUMANS TOO CLOSE TO THEM.  PETA and all the others have done much research, and have found that being within 300 yards of an animal can cause them stress and force them to do things like breath heavily, walk around and chew on things, and even sometimes scrape their antlers against trees.  We cannot have these horrible things happening anymore.  With these new recommendations we MUST have the firearm power to take a clean shot at a minimum of 500 yards.  There has been a motion to change this minimum to 750 yards, but that is still in the talks.  Therefore any rifle with less muzzle energy than a .338-378 Weatherby will no longer be allowed for hunting big game.  The .30-06 will still be allowed for rabbits with the proper permit. 

Even with the new regulations the hunter will need to be able to use this new equipment.  The new age for hunting small and medium game is 18 years old, and for hunting big game is 25 years old.  Each hunter must pass the new hunter identification course, which is a comprehensive 18 month course, consisting of a three hour class five days a week.  It will consist of etiquette, animal natural history and identification, cleaning methodology, technology, shooting skills, and wildlife management and conservation.

In the shooting skills part of the course, a hunter must be able to place five shots in a 6” circle at 750 yards.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter, and I know that you as much as I am excited about these new regulations and what they will do for our sport.  We cannot stop the transformation of these game animals, but we can prepare for what is to come.

All hunting on game animals over 1400 lbs or with really big teeth is to be stopped until we can figure out just how much firepower we need to take care of them. 
"At least with a gun that big, if you miss and hit the rocks in front of him it'll stone him to death..."

Offline jhm

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Necessary equipment and training
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 06:28:17 AM »
I like that, however what do you do with all the extra time you have on your hands? ;D   JIM