Author Topic: Jericho  (Read 1005 times)

Offline Wolfhound

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Jericho
« on: May 19, 2007, 01:42:40 AM »
If your a fan of this show now is the time to act. After 3 days of emails, phone calls, and writing to CBS they have responded with a lame offer. This shows we are having an effect. Even if all you can contribute is a couple emails, letters, or phone calls a day combined with all the other fans fighting it will Show CBS how we feel about this show.

Marching orders: http://www.jericholives.com/

Lame offer: http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=5195 Yes that is a CBS Admin posting it.

If the CBS Jericho board goes down: http://www.jerichorallypoint.com/

Sign the petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?09272006

Oh and don't forget to send CBS a bag of NUTS! If you watched the season finale you know the story.

If not:

During WWII when allied forces found themselves surrounded on all sides by the Nazi war machine they did not give up. The ground they were holding was Bastogne. It was a vital point to hold in order to stop the advance of the Nazis. They dug in and made their stand on the outskirts of the Ardenne Forest. Though they lacked sufficient cold weather gear, ammunition, and supplies, they still did not give up. When the German Commander offered the allied company a chance to surrender I'm sure he thought it was an offer they couldn't refuse. Instead General McAuliffe replied with a word that I'm sure the German commander was not ready for. He replied with the word, "NUTS!"

Our surrounded allied brothers then proceeded to give the Nazi's a fight they would never forget. They made a stand that the entire world would never forget. They showed the world what a company of men can do when fighting for what they believe is right. They made a stand, and so will we. Like our brothers before us we will make a stand. We do not face death as they did, but we ARE fighting for what we believe is right. We must hold our ground and never give up. Send emails, letters, make phone calls, leave messages, send nuts, sign petitions, etc. Let's make CBS never forget the word NUTS! and show them what it REALLY means! This is where we make our stand CBS! NUTS!

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Jericho
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 07:23:17 AM »
I too have watched the show and wouldn't mind seeing a second season but have come to expect that most shows I like won't have a second. So without me having to go run down all those links would you care to explain to me (short version please) what this post is all about.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Wolfhound

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 07:50:15 AM »
The first link is has list of things everyone can do from phoning CBS offices to sending them nuts (from the season finale).

The second link contains this message from the President of CBS:
To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment

It's nothing more than an effort to get fans to stop bombarding them with emails, letters, nuts, and phone calls. Today we opened up a new front with faxes. It also is a link to the CBS Jericho forum.

The third link is a rally point if CBS removes the Jericho board so fans can coordinate their efforts.

The fourth link is to the online petition which is at 51,000 signatures at last count.

I'm just trying to reach out to fans who don't know that there's a fight on. This isn't the first series that has gotten this kind of reaction. Star Trek was canceled and a fan campaign brought it back. So was a show called Roswell, Designing women, and other shows. It doesn't work every time but in this case CBS canceled a show with better ratings than some they kept. They are replacing it with a show called kid nation about 40 kids who live without parental guidance. A kind of kid Survivor based on what I read.

I hope I didn't err by putting it in the off topic. It was the only place that seemed right.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 11:05:52 AM »
Ah ha, so the network has announced already that it will not be returning for a secon season? I wasn't aware of that but kinda wondered from your post if that might be the case. While I enjoyed watching it I'm NOT such a fan that I check their website or participate in such things over and above just watching the shows on TV. I can live with or without it. It wasn't my favorite by any means but I did enjoy it enough to continue watching.

I long ago came to realize my taste in shows must be far different than the majority of folks cuz every time I like one it shuts down after one or at most two seasons and yet some of the most stupid and idiotic stuff imaginable just keeps on keeping on season after season.

If they stand by their decision and shut it down I'll get over it. I'll miss it some but I'll get over it. I am not surprised really that it is being shut down and would not be surprised if the government NOT network officials made that decision. Matt some while back made a prediction that an event not unlike the story line of the show might happen in the next year or so. The things that happened in his life beginning the day after that post went up are kinda like a nightmare and weren't coincidental for sure. I'd just about bet money that government officials from some alphabet agency explained to the network that it was time to let that show die and the sooner the better. It's one I don't expect to see return if for no other reason than that. I had kinda hoped to see where they took it next but after the happenings of that season finale I kinda doubted it would return. I just wasn't aware that they had already announced it's demise.

Freedom of speech in this country is NOT quite so free as it once was unless of course you're a minority. Pretty soon white folks will be the minority in this country. I'm willing to bet that when that happens the freedom given minorities now will not extend to the new minority group.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Wolfhound

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 11:44:19 AM »
On the 15th. There's some of that feel strong enough about it to try. We figure that it's better to fight for something we want and lose than not to fight at all. Besides, sometimes it's fun to be a rebel.  ;)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 12:56:30 PM »
Understood and I have no problem with that. I guess personally tho I just don't feel strongly enough about it for it to matter that much to me. As I said I'm used to most every show I take a liking to going away. It's almost like someone is carefully monitoring what I watch and making them go away. Now that's a conspiracy for the conspiracy buffs.  ;D

If you win and it stays (something I highly doubt) then I'll likely watch it again just to see where they go with it from where it left off. For sure they left an opening to have another season should they wish to. Nothing in that finale closed it forever.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline wncchester

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 03:30:40 PM »
Wolf, I understand your frustration.  In fact, I got so frustrated that I haven't watched a "big network" TV show in maybe ten years!  They insist on aiming their programs at the intellectual and maturity level of 15-20 year olds, calling that a "mature" audience, but it seems they  thrive on off-color "humor" or (illicit) sex so they aren't interest in me as a viewer!  I actually have a life, including a love life, and don't need to have my intelligence insulted or be a spectator to someone else's sex for entertainment.

I first got cable and then satellite TV so I can watch Fox News, History and Discovery, RFD and Science, Outdoor Life, DIY, etc.  I've never seen Idol, Friends, 24,  Jericho, etc.  And don't miss em either.  It may be a better solution for you too.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline Wolfhound

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2007, 04:07:45 PM »
We don't watch enough TV to make it worth the cost. We watched two shows this fall and then local news. Maybe 4 or 5 hours a week total. Too much to do to sit in front of a TV.

Offline Wolfhound

• Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 04:40:27 PM »
This is looking like one heck of a party! Maybe they'll pay their employees in peanuts! :lol:

http://www.syfyportal.com/news423677.html
So that's what 1/2 a ton of nuts packed in boxes looks like.

http://www.nutsonline.com/jericho

Offline ccorces1

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 06:35:07 AM »
i can't believe they canceled the show, it was easily the best new show on the air and one of the best on CBS

Offline Wolfhound

• Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
Victory!

June 6, 2007

To the Fans of Jericho:

Wow!

Over the past few weeks you have put forth an impressive and probably unprecedented display of passion in support of a prime time television series. You got our attention; your emails and collective voice have been heard.

As a result, CBS has ordered seven episodes of “Jericho” for mid-season next year.  In success, there is the potential for more. But, for there to be more “Jericho,” we will need more viewers.

A loyal and passionate community has clearly formed around the show.  But that community needs to grow.   It needs to grow on the CBS Television Network, as well as on the many digital platforms where we make the show available.

We will count on you to rally around the show, to recruit new viewers with the same grass-roots energy, intensity and volume you have displayed in recent weeks.

At this time, I cannot tell you the specific date or time period that “Jericho” will return to our schedule.  However, in the interim, we are working on several initiatives to help introduce the show to new audiences.  This includes re-broadcasting “Jericho” on CBS this summer, streaming episodes and clips from these episodes across the CBS Audience Network (online), releasing the first season DVD on September 25 and continuing the story of Jericho in the digital world until the new episodes return. We will let you know specifics when we have them so you can pass them on.

On behalf of everyone at CBS, thank you for expressing your support of “Jericho” in such an extraordinary manner.  Your protest was creative, sustained and very thoughtful and respectful in tone.  You made a difference. 

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler

President, CBS Entertainment

P.S.      Please stop sending us nuts

http://jerichoboard.cbs.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=1&nav=messages&webtag=CBSMBJericho&tid=13329