Author Topic: Gamo CFX  (Read 523 times)

Offline jimmymo

• Trade Count: (1)
Gamo CFX
« on: June 02, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »
Kinda thinking about one of these. Anybody have one or know anything good or bad about them? I'm at war with the starlings and seems like a good excuse to put something different in the gunsafe! Thanks,Jimmy

Offline Bud

• Trade Count: (7)
Re: Gamo CFX
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 10:59:10 AM »
I have one in the 177 and it is an excellent shooter.  I really like the CFX in the 177 and I wish I could get one in 22 cal.  My wish just came true.  I see it  is now available in 22. I just use the open sights . You hear a lot about the bad Gamo trigger but mine it not bad at all. Have done nothing to mine except take it out the box and sight it in . If you get one try the Crossman Premier Hollow Points. WaMart price  I think $5.16 a 500 tin. They shoot excellent .
Try a CFX, I think you will like it.

Offline jimmymo

• Trade Count: (1)
Re: Gamo CFX
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
Thanks Bud! I order'd one a couple a days ago so it's good to here a positive report. It's a package deal with a 2x7 BSA. The more I looked into them I was starting to get the wanty's for a little better (read "higher priced") one but I think this will serve my purpose ok for now. I've never had a springer airgun so don't really know what to expect as far as accuracy and range. I guess i'll find out in a few days! Thanks for the tip on pellets too! Jimmy