Author Topic: Handys are just plain fun  (Read 490 times)

Offline FLNT4EVR

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Handys are just plain fun
« on: June 09, 2007, 11:49:48 AM »
Spent the day at the range today with the .223.  It's an ultra frame and barrel on a survivor stock, with an inexpensive Barska varmint scope.. I was shooting 3 different bullets and all performed well at 100 yd's. I shot the 40 grn hornady v max   which was best of the three. The Winchester 46 grn hollowpoint which shot good also , and the Barnes varmint grenade which does show some promise. The most important lesson I learned today, was that iI need lots of practice shooting at 200 yds. I was able to keep all my shots on target ,but the groups opened up to minute of groundhog. And shooting off a bipod just ain't the same as a good solid sandbag rest. Today's expierences just mean I'll have to spend more time at the range , and continue working on my handloads. AIN'T LIFE GRAND. Oh, 1 more thing    .......   this morning my son asked me if I'ed like a cronograph for fathers day. It just don't get any better than this.
" Act civilized...even if you ain't " 

" I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people , and I require the same from them. "
                                  John Wayne, "The Shootist"

Offline xhare

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Handys are just plain fun
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 04:11:29 PM »
A chronograph for fathers day?!?!  Now that is a good boy you've got there!