Author Topic: What the Heck?  (Read 472 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
What the Heck?
« on: July 01, 2007, 03:14:22 PM »
Talking to a large ammo dealer at a gun show yesterday I was informed that the reason ammo prices are jumping up, and certain types of ammo are so hard to find, is because NATO is buying it at the dock here in the USA and abroad.

According to him, this is another plot by NATO to disarm the American people. I tried to find further information on this "rumor," but was unable to find anything.  Has anyone else heard any rumors along this line?

Offline Almtnman

• A Real Regular
  • Walk softly and carry a big stick!
    • The Mountain
Re: What the Heck?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007, 04:22:15 PM »
I had heard that the ammo suppliers were sending a lot of it to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and that was why it was in short supply here.
AMM
The Mountain
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."~~Thomas Jefferson

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007, 06:01:43 PM »
I had heard that the ammo suppliers were sending a lot of it to our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan and that was why it was in short supply here.

I've heard the same thing too.  If you look at the availability and price of .223 lately it makes sense - at least to me.

Online magooch

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:38:53 AM »
If that is in fact what is happening, then I hope our troops are putting the ammo to good use by killing as many terrorists and their sympathizers as possible.  Gee, if they could only do some of their good work in the Congress of the United States.
Swingem

Offline Savage .250

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 05:18:06 AM »
  I`m no expert but I`m going for a supply( limited cartridge makers) vs demand problem ( Gov`t contract needs, hunters, etc.).  Get the same  problem as you stated but
    with a different take. IMO. 

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline gypsyman

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007, 11:27:17 AM »
In the firearms business. Talked with factory reps almost a year ago. There are a couple of company's here in the state's, supplying the military,(aka-Lake City Arsenal) with components. What with the world market on metals and petroleum going up, supplies are tighter. Wolf ammo,Russian made, is selling to the highest bidder. No, there is no plot to disarm Americans. Just capitalism at work. Kinda like the plywood supply and demand in Florida 3 days before a hurricane.(always wondered if anybody down there ever saves their plywood for the next blow?) gypsyman
We keep trying peace, it usually doesn't work!!Remember(12/7/41)(9/11/01) gypsyman

Offline dukkillr

• The Daily Limit
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 12:15:46 PM »
No, there is no plot to disarm Americans.

WHAT!@!?!?  No conspiracy?  There's ALWAYS a conspiracy, just connect the dots.....

*adjusting tin foil hat*

Offline dw06

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2007, 12:32:47 PM »
No, there is no plot to disarm Americans.

WHAT!@!?!?  No conspiracy?  There's ALWAYS a conspiracy, just connect the dots.....

*adjusting tin foil hat*

:D :D now thats a good one,LMAO!
If you find yourself in a hole,the first thing to do is stop digging-Will Rogers