Author Topic: black bear in ontario  (Read 1990 times)

Offline wipartimer

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
black bear in ontario
« on: September 25, 2004, 04:42:50 PM »
www.rockshuntcamp.com
    Steve has an Excellent camp. He has an enormous bear lease wirth lots of ACTIVE bait sites.  Once a bear is shot off of a bait site he doesn't re-use it , he doesn't have to.  each hunter is given at least two acitve sites to hunt, and he will set up the stands for bow or gun, ground blind or tree stand, however you want to hunt. Very acomodating and friendly.
     The meals were great and the cabins are wonderful...hot showers, electricity, private bedrooms .  all very reasonably priced.
     I WILL go back. :grin:
Mike

How can one truly understand nature without participating?

Offline NYH1

• Trade Count: (0)
black bear in ontario
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 07:35:01 AM »
wipartimer, thanks for the info. My father and I are thinking about going on a bear hunt. I'm looking at guides and/or places to hunt right now. :grin:
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline wipartimer

• Contributor
black bear in ontario
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 04:29:23 PM »
As a matter of fact,  Dad and I have already booked for next Sept., can't wait! :-D
Mike

Offline NYH1

black bear in ontario
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2005, 07:35:58 AM »
wipartimer, I talked (by e-mail) to Steve at Rock's Hunt Camp. He gave me some info and I think I'm going to book a hunt with him ! Again thank's for the link !
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline wipartimer

• Contributor
black bear in ontario
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 03:50:32 PM »
:-D Well, I did go back, just returned.  Once again had a GREAT time! My Dad and I each got our bears the same night!  I had a moose walk right under my stand the very first night. Its an unbeatable place at a very good price. Will go back again next year!
Mike

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
Re: black bear in ontario
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2006, 09:24:01 AM »
Hey,
       Could you tell me a little bit more about your hunt with them?  I think this would be a great hunt for my father in law and I.  We went bear hunting in Maine once and nobody with our "guide" even saw a bear.  Do they hunt the whole day or just the later part?  Is there some good fishing around for when you're not hunting?

Offline wipartimer

• Contributor
Re: black bear in ontario
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 05:33:02 PM »
teddy12b They hunt in the afternoons for bears. We used the day to grouse hunt as I don't fish, but there are lots of lakes with supposedly very good fishing around if you do. Now I did not get to hunt there this year as planned because I made a stupid mistake and am now banned from canada for the next 10 years :'(. At least they sent my deposite back without me even asking for it.
Mike