Author Topic: DuraSight bases and rings.  (Read 604 times)

Offline JimG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
DuraSight bases and rings.
« on: August 12, 2007, 09:25:12 AM »
Since it seems that I've got my iron sight problem fixed on my Optima I bought a set of two piece DuraSight bases and quick release rings. I normally dislike aluminum rings and bases but these do seem to be of better quality than the typical Weaver/Picatinny compatible products. Have not tried the quick release feature to see if it actually will return to a workable zero but will in the coming weeks. I like the fact that they use Torx screws like what is supplied with Leupolds bases/rings. They don't strip out. Even though they are pricey (paid over $30 for the bases and rings) for aluminum bases/rings I think they are a winner. Anyone else use 'em?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: DuraSight bases and rings.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 10:05:23 AM »
I use the 1pc Z2 base on my 7mm-08, but I chose to use the Warne 2-piece steel bases on my 300 Win Mag. Let us know how the Z2 rings work out for ya, the only quick release rings I've used are the Leuopold QRWs.

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline mangulator

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 10:06:13 AM »
I am currently using Durasight bases for my Kodiak Pro-Magnum and had no problems with the bases. Yes they are good quality  ;D

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 06:15:12 AM »

I do...I have both styles...and they are pretty darn good...They do return to zero when you take them off and put them back on.They aren't as expensive as the Leupold's or Warnes and have held up even to everything I have thrown at them...$35.00 for a complete set isn't bad at all...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...