Author Topic: I hate public shooting ranges  (Read 3192 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Re: I hate public shooting ranges
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 04:03:19 PM »
Good for you Mac!!!!! Looks like a real nice place and the dues won't won't break the bank.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 05:00:32 PM »

Yup...I can hardly wait...I'll finally be able to really try out all my Elites and my Handi in  338-06 A-Square at some decent yardages....That aught to turn a few heads there... :D :D :D :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Dave Allen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 08:02:02 PM »
wow mac...that look's great & the price seem's decent enough...i'm considering a place for about $75.00 yearly...pretty cheap..."however" real estate here is catching up with the rest of the nation...not sure i like that ?? it will get more spendy i know as time go's on...glad that worked out for you...

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 08:31:04 PM »

Thanks Dave...

I'll be reloading and cleaning all my rifles most of today..in hopes of some range time Monday..Nomosendaro sent me a whole bunch of 22 cal bullets to try...and Digger sent me some of his 243 Lapua brass...so...I think I'll take the 243 Elite & my Winchester along for a ride with me when I go Monday for starters...I picked up one of those Shooter Ridge bi-pods this morning to try out on it...and I need to shoot the 243 some more before having it rechambered to 6mm AI later on this month..just so I can compare the 2... ;)

Mac

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 01:44:35 PM »

Thanks Dave...

I'll be reloading and cleaning all my rifles most of today..in hopes of some range time Monday..Nomosendaro sent me a whole bunch of 22 cal bullets to try...and Digger sent me some of his 243 Lapua brass...so...I think I'll take the 243 Elite & my Winchester along for a ride with me when I go Monday for starters...I picked up one of those Shooter Ridge bi-pods this morning to try out on it...and I need to shoot the 243 some more before having it rechambered to 6mm AI later on this month..just so I can compare the 2... ;)

Mac
Mac I have the same bipod that is 6 to 9 inches it has adjustable legs witch really works out great for me. I can throw it up on the hood of my truck and adjust the legs because my hood has a slant to it and shoot groundhogs at pretty far distances. It is almost as good as shooting off a bench. I think you will really like it. It is alot like a Harris but less expensive.
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 03:21:36 PM »
Man I wish we had a private club around me. You guys should consider yourself lucky. I live in Chicago and the nearest outdoor range is an hour drive. Actually there's two, one allows rapid fire into a pit which is cool to take the ar-15 and ak to and the other is in Indiana and is a park district range that's pretty nice. I'm forced to do most of my shooting at an indoor range and the scary thing is when you look at the dividers between the stations there are bullet holes in them. I was in there once and a bunch of young kids came in, four guys with one nine mm. and they're holding it sideways and emptying it and laughing. That's when I left.

Graybeard I want to be you when I grow up. That's my life plan in a nutshell, sell the house in the suburbs when the kids are grown and use the equity to buy a hunk of land somewhere. My dream is to be able to hunt and shoot on my own property.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2007, 04:51:48 PM »

GRIMJIM:

This club is about 1 hour away from me too...and I'll tell ya...There are a bunch of smaller ranges...some 200 to 400 yards...but they have a big waiting list to get on them...and most have the obligatory requirement o f4- 6 weekends worth of volunteering for membership...Most of these clubs are about 1/2 hours drive from where I am at...so there is a big demand to get signed up at them....I've had my eye on this one for sometime...and with my wife's blessing it became a must have...see...it is all because of the idiots at the public ranges around here...and her not wanting the me or kids to have to deal with them really...plus the fact of becoming vested in the club as well...were as this isn't possible at any of the other clubs I looked at...

Mac

Offline 30-06man

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2007, 07:47:20 PM »
i still go the the range for 300 yard shots. i got a 200 yard range in my backyard
The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind

Rick