Author Topic: I'm cursed  (Read 676 times)

Offline rusty barrels

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I'm cursed
« on: September 02, 2007, 06:17:33 AM »
Every time I see a chance to fire my guns something happens to prevent it, first it was the 4th of july weekend with Jeepers, Tropico, and Santa Dave, but I came down with a bad cold so that was out, and now this weekend with the help of Tropico I had a place to shoot and now I'm out because of a job accident so I can't do that either. I've had these gun ready for over a year now and they still haven't belched fire or smoke let alone some thunder. Maybe I should give up and sell the guns..................................Naw

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Re: I'm cursed
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 06:44:13 AM »
While I'm not suggesting that you just open the back door and let one rip, grab a can of powder and a foot or so of fuse and DO IT!

I can remember when I broke my Achilles tendon - did that slow me down - NO!  I would stand in one spot and mow everything I could reach, then hobble a few feet and mow some more.  Going up ladders was slow but those windows NEEDED painting.  AND when we went to the beach, I wrapped the cast up in garbage bags and crutches and all WENT SWIMMING!

OK, it did LOOK weird, but somethings in life can't be ignored!

OVERCOME the curse!

Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 07:50:43 AM »
I ain't doing any better on shooting. The fire danger is extreme this year. I fired my last round way back in March.

Bill

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 07:12:37 PM »
Re July 5Th: I drug that cannon almost 3000 miles and when I got a chance to shoot it I felt so bad I just sat there and enjoyed the other guy's smoke & noise!
I STILL haven't taken it out of the car!
When the weather cools down we'll go out to the desert.... maybe!
Dave
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:48:06 PM »
rusty barrels ., you have my number and are welcome to use it anytime. Probably we will be firing again on the 22nd and 23. But anytime you can get away we will make a plan with you. We are easy to have fun and are safe., and enjoy the sport ., we sort a just take it slow and enjoy a shoot when we can get it.

Offline Terry C.

• I see what you did there...
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »
The problem here lately has been thunderstorms.

I'm not complaining, we desperately need the rain, but it's put a real cramp on what should have been a busy shooting schedule.

I had planned to put on a show at a rally this past Saturday. Bad weather pushed the scheduled events back several hours and threatened to cancel the whole bash, so I didn't take the guns. I shot my new mortar for the 'walk-the-walk' match Sunday with storm clouds looming and barely made it inside before the bottom fell out.

The next few days are looking good but time is a problem. Maybe the clear weather will hold until the weekend. I have a bunch of blank charges for the cannon that didn't get used and are going to need to be either shot, or broken down and returned to stock. And I want to do some distance shooting with the GB mortar, so far all of my shots have been short-range. I want to put my foot in it and see what she'll really do!