Author Topic: Slugger vs pump shotgun  (Read 538 times)

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Slugger vs pump shotgun
« on: November 28, 2007, 03:11:02 PM »
Hey guys, I have a pump action 535 shotgun, I have shot slugs through it and had okay accuracy under 100 yards.I would like to try the specially rifled choke that Cabela's sells for 30.00 dollars. I have heard that the single shot slugger made by H.R is the best on the market, what kind of distances have you shot to with good patterns?I am from Ohio were most of it is hills and woods. Have any of you tried the rifled choke that Cabela's sells,and so how good of patterns did you get?

Please reply
Buckshooter
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
Re: Slugger vs pump shotgun
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:57:20 PM »
I think there was a post some time back here about that choke, I was interested in it too for my Mossberg 500. Do a search. You cannot go wrong with the HR ultra slug hunter though from all reports I have seen. I am shooting their Pardner in full choke with cheap Winchesters and Remingtons and it does fine for me! Where are you in Ohio?

Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us

Offline buckshooter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 06:02:01 AM »
I'm from Bergholz Ohio. What kind of patterns did you get, how far did you shot to Jal5, and did you ever try the rifled choke that Cabela's sells. Or have you heard how great this choke was, like five inch patterns at 100 yards.   
"When guns are outlawed only the outlaws have guns."  by Louis L'Amoure

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." by President Ronald Reagan

Offline Jal5

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (13)
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 01:51:36 PM »
hey I heard from your dad this is you Casey. I will show you that 20ga. Pardner it is very nice & not expensive.
Joe
S. G. G. = Sons of the Greatest Generation. Too old to run, too proud to hide; we will stand our ground and take as many as we can with us