Author Topic: Gun Sales Soar in Aftermath of Connecticut Crime..  (Read 836 times)

TM7

Gun Sales Soar in Aftermath of Connecticut Crime..
« on: July 29, 2007, 02:58:38 AM »
Gee,,,even the anti's want a gun now.  Wonder why..... ;)

http://www.journalinquirer.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=18636576&BRD=985&PAG=461&dept_id=161556&rfi=6

......TM7

Offline magooch

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Gun Sales Soar in Aftermath of Connecticut Crime..
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 03:40:49 AM »
If this whole affair is instrumental in changing some attitudes about personal protection, then maybe that's a good, but it should also change some ideas about getting rid of (executing) career criminals.  I think the expense and danger of warehousing bad people, only to turn them loose after ridiculous short terms is out of hand and getting worse by the day.

My next door neighbors--a guy and his wife who are way into their eighties--are just appalled that I have guns.  To me, these folks epitomize the most vulnerable for home invasion.  Of course they do have their yappity toy poodle to protect them.
Swingem

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 04:47:53 PM »
I think the American people are wising up and now realize that we don't live in a prim and proper society any longer.  The days of going to bed without locking the door, leaving the key in the car, or strolling down the street unafraid are gone forever.   And the horrible part, I don't think we have seen the worst yet.  We can't isolate ourselves from society, so the next best step is to be armed and ready.  the following makes some interesting reading on the subject.

"The statistics are more than frightening.  Only four criminals go to prison for every hundred reported crimes.  And the FBI estimates that 60 percent of all crimes are not even reported.  For every hundred prisoners with life sentences, twenty-five are freed before their third year; forty-two are out by their seventh year; and people acquitted of murder by reason of insanity spend an average of only five hundred days in the mental hospitals before being released."  (Armed & Female, P. 4)

"Over half of all robbery victims are attacked, and female robbery victims are more likely than men to be attacked and injured.  Also, one in twelve robbery victims experiences serious injuries, such as rape, knife or gunshot wounds, broken bones, or being knocked unconscious."  (Armed & Female, P. 21)

"Although hard to believe, the D.C. Supreme Court (Warren vs. District of Columbia) has upheld the decision that police are not responsible for the safety and defense of the individual citizen.  The police and other law-enforcement agencies are responsible for the safety and protection of the general population in the districts they serve.  That means that, if your life is threatened by a trespasser, an intruder in your home, and you summon the police, there is no legal requirement for the police or sheriff to respond to your call."  (Armed & Female, P. 64)

"So the situation is this:  the police cannot completely defend us from predator crime; the courts cannot keep the predators off the streets or otherwise occupied in noncriminal activities; and the gun is the most effective deterrent to crime available."  (Armed & Female, P. 108)

"... if you can bear to undertake the attendant responsibilities, you should know that finding a gun in the hand of a potential victim is one of the most feared and avoided incidents a felon can imagine - feared and avoided even more than the police."  (Armed & Female, P. 47)

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 12:44:51 AM »
Some people wait tell something hits close to home before they act. Some of use are smart enough to be prepared.
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline ms

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 10:02:51 AM »
Some people wait tell something hits close to home before they act. Some of use are smart enough to be prepared.  Yep that poor man lost his family because are government is soft on crime. The government will never get my guns they will have to kill me.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 10:57:47 AM »
The government will never get my guns they will have to kill me.

Oh that day is coming, maybe not in mine or your life time but that's the direction things are heading and at the rate things are progressing I will not be surprised to see it in our life times. Most of what they need is already in place at this time. They are just waiting for the right event to set it in motion and if it doesn't happen I would not put it passed those in power to make it happen themselves. The day will come as I've been saying for years when Communist Russia will be kinda like that little town of Perfect in the WalGreen's commercials compared to what this country will become.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 12:37:54 PM »
While it made me sick to see what that poor fellow endured and the fact he lost his entire family; I was certainly glad that it was so publicized by the media.  It draws plenty of attention to the inadequacies of our justice system and the fact that you can't rely on police to be there at every waking moment.  They are reactive and if you wait until something happens; then you are already too late.  Obvioulsy some people recognized the need to arm themselves.  Where are the anti-gunners now??   ???

Offline 1marty

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 04:01:48 PM »
growing up I learned to shoot and hunt before I was a teenager. When I married, my wife was miss liberal and opposed to guns however, she accepted my "oddities".
many years ago someone was trying to break into the house. When the guy saw me through the window with my 870 he ran like crazy. The police arrived 20 minutes after she called them. Today she goes with me to the range to practice her shooting skills. 

Offline Gun Runner

• Trade Count: (33)
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 08:55:40 PM »
I have to agree with Graybeard on the Day may be comming. Take a look at Fema labor camps in your search box.

www.freedomfiles.org/war/fema.htm

Makes you kind of wounder whats really going on if its for real

Gun Runner

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 12:26:13 PM »
Sad, but we are victims of our own stupidity and laziness.  Because things are going good, and we are being provided with what we need (WANT) we don't question where we are being lead.

Americans have a habit of setting back and watching changes take place, and don't speak up until the changes directly effect their way of life.   My point, quit squawking about what is about to happen, do something to help change it.  Like a lamb, if we set innocently by and let our leaders lead us down the path, then we shouldn't be surprised when we get our heads chopped off/

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2007, 03:56:25 AM »
At best, we're always just one election away from having our Second Amendment seriously screwed with.  The election coming up in 2008 is one of those that, in my opinion is particularly hazardous to the Constitution in general and especially the Second Amendment.  We weathered the Clintons once; here's hoping there won't be a second act.
Swingem

Offline Ron T.

• A Real Regular
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 08:59:49 PM »
AMEN to that... the Clinton's agenda hasn't changed and it's more likely that she's a bigger liberal than he is.
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."  - Thomas Jefferson