Author Topic: Reciprocal Agreement with Kansas  (Read 575 times)

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Reciprocal Agreement with Kansas
« on: September 30, 2007, 05:58:19 AM »
Anyone have any guidance for an out of stater carrying in Kansas, from a State with a reciprocal agreement?

Offline SectorSteve

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Reciprocal Agreement with Kansas
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 09:13:15 PM »
www.handgunlaw.us

You should be able to find the answers to all of your questions on this site.

Steve

Offline chucky52

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 02:22:30 AM »
Once again, you can't believe everything you see hear and read. The sight you refer two list Kansas as one of two states where the holder must be a resident; however, Thru the Texas Dept. of Public Safety/concealed handgun link, you can access to the document sighned by the appropriate representatives of Texas and Kansas. I had a bad experience in Pa. under the same circumstances. The details are posted on this site. I asked for guidance because I have become the expert at trying to be legal in a state with a reciprocal agreement when the LEO's were not aware of an agreement and told me when I was unarmed "You can't carry in Philly."

I was hoping for someone local to Kansas who is aware of not only actual law; but, also attitiudes of LEOs and the like. My suggestion is to tread carefully with internet information.

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 10:42:17 AM »
chucky52 , It's not saying you have to be a resident of Kansas, It is saying you have to be a resident of the state permit you are carring on. If you are a resident of Texas, you must have a Texas permit. You cant carry on another states non-resident permit.   KN

Offline chucky52

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 03:59:47 PM »
I see your point, thanks. I still believe a major issue is the Kansas Leo attitudes and knowledge. The carry law in Kansas is only about a year old and from what I hear there is still a lot of confusion.