Author Topic: Customer service  (Read 298 times)

Offline Ireload2

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Contributor
Customer service
« on: August 12, 2007, 07:19:15 AM »
I bought an H&R BC in 45-70 about a month ago.
It came with a post insert installed in the front sight. Since I normally shoot at black bullseye targets I wanted change it to an aperture insert.
Unfortunately the nut that retains the inserts had been cross threaded and the threads were pretty much ruined when I removed it.

I called H&R for a replacement. They wanted to know how long I had the rifle then said remove the front sight and return the entire assy and they would replace it.

I then called Lyman since the sight is a 17A and asked them to sell me just the nut. They said they would replace it free of charge.
They got my address and I got the replacement 3 days later.
This is about the 4th time I have talked to Lyman customer service and they have always given me great service.
The first time I called Lyman was to inquire about repairing an AMT Autoscale.
If you are familiar with the Autoscale it was originally produced by AMT many years ago. Then it was taken over by Lyman and produced a few years before being discontinued.  They said they could service and repair the AMT versions too.
My local dealer had an not much used AMT that was missing parts and was probably out of calibration.  Basically it was a derelict. I got it very cheap and sent it back to Lyman.  Lyman added the missing parts, checked the innards and calibrated it and sent it back for $55.
That was about 5 years ago. The AMT still works like a hammer.