Author Topic: Ejectors/Extractors  (Read 345 times)

Offline glwenzl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Ejectors/Extractors
« on: August 11, 2007, 02:00:26 AM »
Sorry if this topic has been hashed over but I was not able to find it using the search function and may have missed it scanning through the threads.

I don't care for centerfire cases wanting to fly over my shoulder. So some odd years back and after a call to NEF who was not going to give me any info I took it upon myself to try in fix this problem myself. I don't remember exactly what all I did but do remember placing a piece of shim stock under the ejector on 4 barrels and the problem was solved....

Well I have a friend who has a brand new 22 Hornet sticking cases once in a while and he wanted his extractor like mine but I told him it still was not a mechanical extractor to actually force the case out of the chamber.

Can a guy make the ejector force the case out as the action is being opened?

BTW My friend also told me that NEF has started making them this way??? Is this true??? Maybe they will sell us the parts if any are required...

Offline LaOtto222

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Ejectors/Extractors
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 02:05:32 AM »
The answer you are looking for is in the FAQ and help at the top of this section. Just scroll down until you reach the ejector extractor section.
Great men have vision and resolve to make dreams come true.

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Re: Ejectors/Extractors
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 05:16:41 AM »
Take a look at the Rossi ejection system.  They have a design that ejects the brass like a NEF ejector and if the brass does not eject with the spring pressure it is forced out mechanically when the rifle is fully opened.  Very slick solution.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.