Author Topic: EBay to quit gun parts  (Read 4115 times)

Offline Booyah

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
Re: EBay to quit gun parts
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2007, 03:58:43 PM »
I pulled up the letter from Ebay, they state that the will not sell barrels and they state that they will inforce the new policy. But if you pull up the new policy, there are examples of what is not permitted and what is permitted. They state barrels are being permiited but there statement said barrels would not be allowed.  I think this is another example of a anti gun, anti hunter that thinks they know what the worlds needs.   I would truely like to take this type of person out and beat them with a rubber chicken. But I would make sure that I had my concealed rubber chicken license and I would use a registered rubber chicken. I would want to keep it legal.

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2007, 09:42:15 AM »
I pulled up the letter from Ebay, they state that the will not sell barrels and they state that they will inforce the new policy. But if you pull up the new policy, there are examples of what is not permitted and what is permitted. They state barrels are being permiited but there statement said barrels would not be allowed.  I think this is another example of a anti gun, anti hunter that thinks they know what the worlds needs.   I would truely like to take this type of person out and beat them with a rubber chicken. But I would make sure that I had my concealed rubber chicken license and I would use a registered rubber chicken. I would want to keep it legal.

Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha...ROFLMAO

Thanks!!!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2007, 10:14:41 AM »

It's a small thing...really it is...Some folks like to get upset over it because they liked buying and selling there...others put them down...and call them all kinds of names....but yet still sell things there...To me...it seems that just about every one who used them...didn't really like them anyway....Like Graybeard has said...it won't really matter...since it's just a small piece of their global pie... There will always be other places to buy & sell...and you can bet....some smart savvy person will capitalize on their liberal gun hating decision's...and make a good profit off of it...The old saying seems true to me...1 door closes...and another opens up...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline NONYA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2007, 10:47:55 AM »
They are a business,they are just covering their ass to prevent loosing everything to a lawsuit,you would do the same thing.
If it aint fair chase its FOUL,and illegal in my state!
http://www.freewebs.com/lifealongthedge/index.htm

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2007, 10:53:57 AM »
They are a business,they are just covering their ass to prevent loosing everything to a lawsuit,you would do the same thing.

They ran the numbers on what they make selling gun parts and it came down to a business decision. Nothing more.

Nonya...That's what I said a bit earlier in this post....but then someone said that was a boat load of.....oh, something.

So....I guess this means that there is actually one other person on the face of the planet that agrees with me!...wait until I show this to my wife!!!

Dave

Offline norman

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
  • Liberal, Kansas
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2007, 05:22:38 AM »
Got an email from AuctionArms stating they will welcome all gun, gun parts and all ebay'ers to sell on their site.  Also no listing fee.   Sounds like I will be looking there for all my gun parts from now on.
Norman

Offline Davemuzz

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »
Yeah....I'm just bummed that I'll be dealing with more savvy buyers on AA. I can't sell my crossman BB gun for a gazillion dollars anymore. :-[

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2007, 11:05:26 AM »
One man's response to Ebay's policy!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/bullet-knife-gun-shell-brass-reload-weapon-assault-swat_W0QQitemZ170136134592QQihZ007QQcategoryZ73953QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the text in case they delete it:

bullet knife gun shell brass reload weapon assault swat

In celebration of Ebay’s new firearm parts policy we proudly offer the ONLY genuine, fully automatic ASSAULT ROCK!!!! Get yours fast before Ebay decides you can’t-it seems guns have some legal standing in the Constitution of the United States (not on Ebay).  Our crack team of right-wing lawyer wantabees  are looking for rock protection as you read this-besides it keeps them from esoteric pursuits such as trying to figure out why liberals exist. These incredible tools started out as just lousy old Colorado granite; but have been transformed into works of art worthy of, and able to induce shock and awe!

Colors available:

Black-a most ominous color, great for swat (literally) work and they immediately strike (that’s what you got it for isn’t it?) fear into your foe’s heart while showing that you care enough to use the very best.

White, while it may look like you stole it from some old lady’s garden, is no less effective, is innocuous enough to look like a paper weight, and great for winter work, but we caution, repeated use may cause staining.

Camo-OF COURSE, why wouldn’t we-after all we are shamelessly promoting this.  It is our most popular rock, and its ability to blend-in is legendary and various patterns are available upon request

Natural-while it seems shabby on our part to offer what would seem to be a plain old rock-hey the pet rock phenomena still amazes us. We felt it only proper, and in may cases it would be the best choice at being non-threatening and blending in with the environment-again, hey we want to be able to have some bogus claim to being “green.”   We will send you a relatively clean rock with most of the dirt clods knocked off, postage being what it is.

The “designer” rock-custom colors, blends, and jewel be-studded upon request.  Price dependant upon upgrades and jewels chosen.

All rocks are fully automatic, never need to be reloaded-as long as you can cock your arm, have a durable dollar store spray paint finish and come with a lifetime guarantee-if used for their intended purpose.  Please note: most have minor natural defects that do not affect performance.  Please be sure to order the proper size, the largest you can easily wield will be the most effective.  It is not our fault if you bring “too much rock” and have difficulty recocking in the fully automatic mode.  Remember too little rock usually results it necessity to go “Full Auto” to be effective, and this may be offensive to some passer-bys.  We also caution against just going out and getting your own home grown or “reloaded rock” as these are not subject to the rigors of our process and may be easily subject to the penchant of the legal profession to file a suit claiming you are a crazed, right wing, rock loving, Neanderthal, republican, enviro-hating, SUV driving, carbon hogging, God-fearing, aberrant, pervert.

Calibers available:

Humongous-best left to the meanest SOB on the block or a front end loader

Large-for those that have some kind of complex

Medium-best choice for most, a little large to conceal, but will “git-er-done”

Small-best for pocket of purse, may require repeated cycles to be totally effective

Micro only for the well trained in the art of “rockette”-did it take a rocket scientist to know that?

Specifications: 

Material – granite, we think

Finish-lousy aerosol paint

Country of origin USA, Colorado

Weight: varies, depends on what we can find and what you want

Color  started out sort of reddish brown, maybe gray

Safeties-None-the darn thing is a ROCK! For crying out loud, what do you want and HK?

Please note: this item, due to its inherently dangerous nature, is not available to:  at least the northern portion of the left coast and the land of fruit and nuts (Kalifornia and Ebay).  In fact, we highly recommend that those areas IMMEDIATELY begin a program of regulating, stamping out, filing a manufacturer’s class action suit against God,( the original manufacturer), and rendering all non-military or law-enforcement controlled rocks un-useable and ineffective by super gluing them to something solid or crushing them to the size of salt grains. (Any larger and some fool might think to use them in a sling shot!!)

Please Note Again:  We recommend against going “air-borne” with your rock unless you are a major league class pitcher or NFL class quarterback.  Rocks out of control and personal retention may be easily turned against the original possessor-besides it just shows a lack of self-control.

HURRY!!  Get yours soon, as far as we know there are only so many available, and no more are being made that are readily available, although some MAY be evolving (just had to use that word didn’t ya?)

Be sure to check out our other items-sticks, hammers, assault cars, fire-place pokers, screwdrivers, golf clubs, etc.

Above content copyright JLS 2007.  May be copied, perused, abused, edited and broadcast or re-broadcast only on fear of ridicule as long as changes are apparent and the original content remains intact?

Shipping-you must be nuts!

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2007, 01:45:58 PM »

Here's an obvious reaction. WOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330152356990&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2007, 04:12:51 PM »

http://cgi.ebay.com/bullet-knife-gun-shell-brass-reload-weapon-assault-swat_W0QQitemZ170136134592QQihZ007QQcategoryZ73953QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the text in case they delete it:

bullet knife gun shell brass reload weapon assault swat

In celebration of Ebay’s new firearm parts policy we proudly offer the ONLY genuine, fully automatic ASSAULT ROCK!!!! Get yours fast before Ebay decides you can’t-it seems guns have some legal standing in the Constitution of the United States (not on Ebay).  Our crack team of right-wing lawyer wantabees  are looking for rock protection as you read this-besides it keeps them from esoteric pursuits such as trying to figure out why liberals exist. These incredible tools started out as just lousy old Colorado granite; but have been transformed into works of art worthy of, and able to induce shock and awe!

Colors available:

Black-a most ominous color, great for swat (literally) work and they immediately strike (that’s what you got it for isn’t it?) fear into your foe’s heart while showing that you care enough to use the very best.

White, while it may look like you stole it from some old lady’s garden, is no less effective, is innocuous enough to look like a paper weight, and great for winter work, but we caution, repeated use may cause staining.

Camo-OF COURSE, why wouldn’t we-after all we are shamelessly promoting this.  It is our most popular rock, and its ability to blend-in is legendary and various patterns are available upon request

Natural-while it seems shabby on our part to offer what would seem to be a plain old rock-hey the pet rock phenomena still amazes us. We felt it only proper, and in may cases it would be the best choice at being non-threatening and blending in with the environment-again, hey we want to be able to have some bogus claim to being “green.”   We will send you a relatively clean rock with most of the dirt clods knocked off, postage being what it is.

The “designer” rock-custom colors, blends, and jewel be-studded upon request.  Price dependant upon upgrades and jewels chosen.

All rocks are fully automatic, never need to be reloaded-as long as you can cock your arm, have a durable dollar store spray paint finish and come with a lifetime guarantee-if used for their intended purpose.  Please note: most have minor natural defects that do not affect performance.  Please be sure to order the proper size, the largest you can easily wield will be the most effective.  It is not our fault if you bring “too much rock” and have difficulty recocking in the fully automatic mode.  Remember too little rock usually results it necessity to go “Full Auto” to be effective, and this may be offensive to some passer-bys.  We also caution against just going out and getting your own home grown or “reloaded rock” as these are not subject to the rigors of our process and may be easily subject to the penchant of the legal profession to file a suit claiming you are a crazed, right wing, rock loving, Neanderthal, republican, enviro-hating, SUV driving, carbon hogging, God-fearing, aberrant, pervert.

Calibers available:

Humongous-best left to the meanest SOB on the block or a front end loader

Large-for those that have some kind of complex

Medium-best choice for most, a little large to conceal, but will “git-er-done”

Small-best for pocket of purse, may require repeated cycles to be totally effective

Micro only for the well trained in the art of “rockette”-did it take a rocket scientist to know that?

Specifications: 

Material – granite, we think

Finish-lousy aerosol paint

Country of origin USA, Colorado

Weight: varies, depends on what we can find and what you want

Color  started out sort of reddish brown, maybe gray

Safeties-None-the darn thing is a ROCK! For crying out loud, what do you want and HK?

Please note: this item, due to its inherently dangerous nature, is not available to:  at least the northern portion of the left coast and the land of fruit and nuts (Kalifornia and Ebay).  In fact, we highly recommend that those areas IMMEDIATELY begin a program of regulating, stamping out, filing a manufacturer’s class action suit against God,( the original manufacturer), and rendering all non-military or law-enforcement controlled rocks un-useable and ineffective by super gluing them to something solid or crushing them to the size of salt grains. (Any larger and some fool might think to use them in a sling shot!!)

Please Note Again:  We recommend against going “air-borne” with your rock unless you are a major league class pitcher or NFL class quarterback.  Rocks out of control and personal retention may be easily turned against the original possessor-besides it just shows a lack of self-control.

HURRY!!  Get yours soon, as far as we know there are only so many available, and no more are being made that are readily available, although some MAY be evolving (just had to use that word didn’t ya?)

Be sure to check out our other items-sticks, hammers, assault cars, fire-place pokers, screwdrivers, golf clubs, etc.

Above content copyright JLS 2007.  May be copied, perused, abused, edited and broadcast or re-broadcast only on fear of ridicule as long as changes are apparent and the original content remains intact?

Shipping-you must be nuts!

I emailed this person telling him I would like to bid on his rock as long as he does not hold me to buying it. I also asked him to post the following question on this auction. Can you please tell me if this rock is used in any way and also what kind of groups were you getting out of it at 50 yards. Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2007, 06:50:15 PM »

Here's an obvious reaction. WOW!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330152356990&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=014

I guess you could say that was a real Fluke..now couldn't ya... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline billy_56081

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2007, 07:10:16 PM »
  Complaining to a company about a policy does sometimes work. Here in MN when concealed carry was passed, many buisinesses posted signs that guns were prohibited in them. I personally complained to the owner of a gas station that if the sign in his window was not removed I would no longer do buisiness there. And that I purchase over 3000 gallons of gas a years there. Plus the other items I buy there. The next day the sign was not there anymore.

Did my complaint work? I think it did.
99% of all Lawyers give the other 1% a bad name. What I find hilarious about this is they are such an arrogant bunch, that they all think they are in the 1%.

Offline carbineman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (58)
« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2007, 03:29:19 AM »
I usually don't get into discussions about such matters and have never personally used ebay. That being said, I am a live and let live type of guy (unless one is really pushing the limits of decency) and say the more the merrier. I will admit that I slept good last night and did stay at a Holiday Inn Express at one time. While I have little against ebay, may they go their way and we gunnies go ours.

Offline norman

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Avid Poster
  • Liberal, Kansas
« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »

I emailed this person telling him I would like to bid on his rock as long as he does not hold me to buying it. I also asked him to post the following question on this auction. Can you please tell me if this rock is used in any way and also what kind of groups were you getting out of it at 50 yards. Dale

I emailed him and asked why no "Buy It Now".  What a hoot.
Norman

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2007, 10:17:15 PM »
Here's the text from the Auctionarms email I received...

We strongly disagree with eBay’s stance on the 2nd Amendment in general and specifically in their lackadaisical abandonment of their long and faithful customers.  We think it is unconscionable.  But hey, it’s their right, and we love them for helping us continue to build our business!

While eBay may have disdain for the 2nd Amendment rights of it’s customers, we here at Auctionarms believe you should be able to sell any legal item you may care to, especially firearms, firearms parts, ammunition, ammunition components and reloading gear…how else are you going to defend yourself against mad men and the evildoers who stalk innocents in those politically correct “gun free” zones?!

We believe you should have the right to sell these items in a free and open market.  We believe you should have the right to be free from fear of abandonment by a online sales venue that you've invested your time and money in to create profit for them and a reputation and goodwill for yourself.

We have proudly built our business and reputation on firearms.  We have for almost 10 years now.  We will continue to do so. We will not abandon our customers at the whim of some misguided, liberal minded, political correctness.  That is our pledge.

We invite all abandoned eBay seller to move your firearms, firearms parts, ammunition, ammunition reloading components and reloading gear immediately to AuctionArms.  Show eBay you can abandon them as quick as they abandon you and move to the BEST place on the internet for firearms and firearms related auctions!

We will make this solemn pledge to you.  WE WILL NEVER ABANDON OUR CUSTOMERS WHO ARE SELLING LEGAL ITEMS, NEVER”.

We pride ourselves on customer service.  We freely publish phone numbers through our “Contact Us” link that appears on every page.  (find a customer service phone number on eBay!).  We have real folks in the good old USA to talk to when you call those numbers.  We care about our customers and about the rights of our customers to fully enjoy their rights under the Second Amendment.

Top 10 Reasons to move to AuctionArms:

We won't abandon you, ever.
No Listing Fees:  There are never any fees to list an auction at AuctionArms and our selling commissions are much lower.
Free sign-up: For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we will eat the sign-up fee for new abandoned sellers moving from Ebay (normally $4)
Free Auctions:  For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we won't charge you for any Final Value Fees (sales commissions for the first month if you disclose your eBay seller’s nickname) in order to ease the transition and reward you investing in our learning curve.
 Free Special Features: For abandoned Sellers signing up in August, we will give you free Special Features for your first month.
Free over 200 Items listings: We will arrange to waive fees for added auctions if you list more than 200 items at a time.  Just let us know.
Feedback Credit:  We will credit your Ebay Feedback record towards becoming a Penny Auctioneer (a highly popular and successful feature on our site).
Retained eBay recognition:  We will provide recognition of your eBay earned feedback status and use of your eBay nickname (when available)  in order for you to salvage some of your hard earned goodwill and reputation.
Free Introductions:  We will send an email letter of introduction to your past buyers at eBay, (you'll need to confidentially provide us with an emailing list) introducing them to your account at AuctionArms.
Special Discounts:  We'll provide you with special discounts based on fees payment history with eBay for firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear (we'll need you to confidentially disclose payment history with eBay to us to qualify for this benefit).
Familiar categories:  To assist eBay’s newly abandoned sellers in moving their auctions to AuctionArms, we have reproduced their categories for firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear so that they will be easily familiar to you.
Support for pro-gun rights:  For every abandoned seller that signs up with us in the month of August,  We will be donate $ to the NRA Foundation.

OK, I lied, there are 12. As always we like to add special value for our sellers.

How can we offer all this free stuff?  Well, we are so confident that once you use AuctionArms to connect to our international customer base of like minded firearms enthusiasts and see how well we work for you, you will like what you see and stay with us.  You'll generate future sales and commissions and we'll all win.  How can you loose…frankly, you can't!

If you've received this message and are not an eBay seller, but have purchased these sorts of items from eBay sellers, do them and yourself a favor.  Forward this message on to them.  Help insure you will continue to enjoy a broad selection of firearms parts, reloading components and reloading gear through the convenience of the internet and at a Second Amendment friendly site!

Thanks for taking the time to read this message and thanks for being a customer at the BEST place on the internet for firearms auctions.  We appreciate your business and look forward to many years of providing you with unparalleled service.

Spread the Gospel!

Manny DelaCruz

Chief Executive Officer

AuctionArms.com, Inc.

The BEST place on the internet for firearms auctions!
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline Victor3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2007, 11:38:01 PM »
It's kind of a bummer for me - I've just this year become an active seller on ebay and have sold about $7k of gun related stuff so far. I've also bought a lot of related items since becoming a member in 2000.

However, I suspect that Auctionarms and Gunbroker will do nicely in the wake of the ebay thing, and they are (obviously) PRO GUN. I've used them for many years also, so ebay is going to be the loser here as far as my money goes. Ebay gun part buyers will get the drift soon, and will take their business elsewhere (the pro-gun auction site executives are probably raising champagne glasses to ebay right now).

Will I close my ebay account? No. I will however reference my 100% positive feedback from ebay when selling items at the gun-friendly sites. My reputation built at ebay will help me sell my items elsewhere.

Will I close my PayPal account? No (not yet anyway, but if they follow ebay's lead they may not continue to process payments for gun related items in the future).

There are some things you can do to help protect yourself when using  PayPal - I have a dedicated credit card and savings account that I use for PayPal, and I signed up for their "Expanded Use" program, where you need not give them your SS# yet still can obtain a "Verified Premier" account. Also, I keep little money in my PayPal account and immediately transfer any cash out of my linked savings account into another. With the credit card one can always dispute charges, and if push comes to shove - well, hopefully it won't, but you do have some options available...
"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly, one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

Sherlock Holmes

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2007, 01:51:17 AM »
Looks like it's a done deal. Copied this from there this morning.

Please note that eBay prohibits members from listing firearms, ammunition, as well as certain parts and accessories. As of August 13th, 2007, eBay will be extending this policy to prohibit any part or accessory that is required for a gun to fire. These items will include bullet tips, brass casings, shells, barrels, slides, cylinders, magazines, etc. We have made the decision to exceed the requirements of federal and state regulations for safety and to bring our policies in the U.S. in closer alignment with our policies in other markets around the globe.

Firearms include all "pre-ban," sporting, collectible, curio & relic (C&R), and antique firearms, regardless of their capability to fire a shot.  Any item that is designed to propel a metal (or similar) projectile is covered by this ban, regardless of that item's present ability to fire. Listings containing firearms will be ended.

Please note that any photos in the listing (including stock photos) must also abide by our Firearms, Weapons and Knives policy. If a prohibited item is included in a photograph for a non-prohibited item, the listing may be ended. This does not apply to obviously solid rubber replica training firearms used to demonstrate accessories.  eBay will use its discretion when determining if a replica is solid rubber or not.

For more information on eBay’s firearm policy...............
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org