Author Topic: Nikon Scope Mods  (Read 458 times)

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Nikon Scope Mods
« on: August 18, 2007, 06:52:05 AM »
My son just donated a Nikon 3x9 to me. I need target turrets added and from the website, seem like they really don't want to hear from anyone, unlike Leupold. Anyone know how or where I can get target turrets added to a Nikon?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Nikon Scope Mods
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 11:04:44 AM »
Can't say that I do. If you don't want to use it the way it was issued by the factory the Leupold really is the way to go as there are folks who have worked up ways to modify them and the factory is happy to as well. Most everyone else seems opposed to that and wants you to accept them as issued. Quite honestly I have little problem with that as there are enough options out there in what's available to suit my personal needs.

There is a company I do not know the name of it that makes target type turrent add ons. They screw on using the threads that hold the turret caps on and once in place give you target turret adjustments. Dunno if they make them for the Nikon or not.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline chucky52

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Contributor
Re: Nikon Scope Mods
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 06:51:50 PM »
Thanks, the Leupold factory does pretty much anything and a simple extension doesn't work to well. You really need well marked moa target turrets. There used to be after-market shops; but, they all work on Leupold, who really does a great job of answering the phone.