Author Topic: illness and BBT  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Billy Marr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.bbtcastbulletsales.com
illness and BBT
« on: May 27, 2003, 04:53:41 AM »
I have just found out that I have  deginritive joint problems. That make this allmost impossible to type. The doctor has told me what I all ready knew. I must give up shooting and casting. So we are selling all our casting equipment. I will post a full inventory later on our web site. But there will be our magma master caster , the magma/star sizer and our magma bottom pour 40lbs pot. :(
lead bullets done right

Offline The Blade

illness and BBT
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 08:01:03 AM »
Billy,

I'm sorry to hear the news.  I know that you'll find a way to cope with this.

My prayers will be with you.

The Blade

Offline Kragman71

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
illness and BBT
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 10:33:12 AM »
Billy,
I just can't say how much I feel for you. You have been so generous with your knowledge;a real friend.
I recently had my hand operated on for the carpol tunnel problem,so I have a deeper appreciation of your trouble.
You have my prayers. You're a bright fella. I'm sure that you will find something that you can do,and share with someone who needs advise.
Frank
Frank

Offline Robert

Billy, say it isnt true, please.....
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 10:52:42 AM »
Why in the hell do things like this happen to good people?  Have the doctors suggested what possibly it could have come from?  Have you gotten any second opinions as to whether it could be reversed or not?  That really p**sses me off.  Hey, my girlfreind is always talking about some place down near San Diego that claims that they can cure a lot of things like that.  I dont want to give you false hope or anything, but if you have been casting/shooting etc for a long many years...some people are more succeptible to things like this.  Anyway...this place has something they do to remove 'heavy metals' from your body and other things that they do.  It could be worth a try to check out some of these alternative approaches to merdicine.  I dont really know much about it....could also be an expensive wild-goose chase, and just waste your precious time.  If you are interested in any of this stuff, let me know, and I can try to find you a link or a phone number.
   I might be interested in some of your stuff, I will check it out when you post the list.  I still havent gotten any of your lube, and I still need iot, so please reserve a moderate amount for me.  I am betting that a lot of the guys on here are hoping you will share the recipe if you are retiring.
  Take good care of yourself my freind, make sure to take some time off and relax if you can.  Try not to worry.
   Sincerely, Your freind, Robert
See ya on line.
....make it count

Offline Hcliff

• Avid Poster
illness and BBT
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 12:55:43 PM »
:cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

My prayer are with you.  You have been great to me and I just want to thank you.

You are a great man with a warm heart.  Best of luck in your treatment.

Thanks for eveything

Heath

Offline Shootingamigo

illness and BBT
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 01:26:14 PM »
Bill,
          The VERY BEST to you!! Dont know you but I do follow your posts here. I have respected your opinions and experience. Treat yourself WELL!!!

"Shootingamigo"
                                                       Joe Perchinske
                                          Freedom Sports Bullets and Supply

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
illness and BBT
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2003, 02:27:22 PM »
Billy my freind if there IS ANYTHING I CAN DO! just ask and it will be done. Until then your at the top of the prayer list pal!
blue lives matter

Offline Questor

illness and BBT
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 03:30:39 AM »
Mr. Marr:

This is bad news to me.  Although this will put an end to your casting business and shooting, I sincerely believe that you will find new avenues for your creativity.  "Necessity is the mother of invention" may be a cliche, but it's still true.  Best regards for where ever life takes you. Please keep in touch here.

Rudy
Safety first

Offline Billy Marr

• Avid Poster
illness and BBT
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2003, 03:07:30 AM »
thank you for the thoughts and prayers. We are looking to find something to channel my energy into. As my wife says a man with out a hoby or passion is not complete.
lead bullets done right

Offline Quiet Burp

illness and BBT
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 03:08:09 PM »
Billy, I really feel for you. I've got a problem with nerve disease the doctors were'nt much help, but I was lucky enough to discover traditional Chinese medicine and can't recommend it highly enough. If you decide to try it, be sure that the practitioner has fully qualified in China (there are too many charlatains around). One way to sort them out is to ask if they are qualified to prescribe RAW herbs. I just thought I would pass this on because it could be worth a shot... I really hope so.
Ya'll take it easy, hear!

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
illness and BBT
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2003, 05:01:03 AM »
Pard, I have a prayer going up for you.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline Kywoodwrkr

illness and BBT
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2003, 08:14:44 AM »
Billy,
I hope and pray for you to have the strength to go on.
It has been my experience when my higher power closes a door he/she leaves another one or even two ajar somewhere.
Keep your eyes and your senses keenly aware for these ajar doors!
Good luck.
DaveP
DaveP   Kywoodwrkr

Offline Donna

• Contributor
    • http://www.aeroballisticsonline.com
illness and BBT
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2003, 03:37:19 PM »
Hello Mr. Marr,

I have a friend that has degenerative disc disease in her spine from her neck down to her lower back and she is in a wheelchair. She often wishes that she had been completely paralyzed because as it is she feels all the bumps. Her wheelchair has to have suspension for a smooth ride. I have her Marlin 1895SS 45-70 that she loves but can never shoot again. The reason that I am telling you this is that although she cannot shoot the gun that she loves she is still shooting. She made herself a custom single shot AR-15 in .223 AI. She also customized her wheelchair. Contact her at: katrena9@pacbell.net and maybe she can help you stay in the shooting sport, she has her own disability consultant business that helps people get the equipment they really need not what someone else wants to give them. Below is the gun she built herself.

Donna
"Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God. James 1:19-20

Offline Billy Marr

• Avid Poster
illness and BBT
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2003, 02:59:48 AM »
thank you for the thoughts and prayers. We are looking into fixin up a sleeper type truck/road racer nothing dramatic though. working in the garden stuff and helping people shoot.
lead bullets done right

Offline jh45gun

illness and BBT
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2003, 03:33:33 PM »
Billy, Sorry to hear that!!  I am on disability because my knee joints are shot ( Degenerative Arthritis) and I cannot do what I used to so I know some what what you are going through. One thought, Get the computer software that types to your speech than you will not have to do any more typing just mouse clicking. Best of luck. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.