Author Topic: WI Gov Doyle up to his anti gun tricks again.  (Read 464 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
WI Gov Doyle up to his anti gun tricks again.
« on: August 21, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »
In an announcement today at the Milwaukee Police Department’s District 3 headquarters, Governor Jim Doyle (D) outlined a gun control package aimed not at reducing crime, but at forcing Wisconsin’s law-abiding gun-owners to forfeit their Second Amendment rights. Not since his 2001 effort to ban the possession of all firearms other than single-shot rifles, pistols and shotguns has Doyle waged such an assault on the basic individual freedoms of the citizens of the Badger State.
Governor Doyle, a pawn for the anti-freedom movement, is urging the Legislature to pass legislation eliminating all private transfers at gun shows. Not stopping there, the Governor wants to repeal preemption statutes and allow local municipalities to enact their own, more onerous firearms regulations, such as the Madison handgun ban of 1994. Doyle is also pushing for flawed ballistic “fingerprinting” technology in the Badger State, an expensive and ineffective system supposedly intended to fight crime. Finally, Governor Doyle is seeking to expand the number of Wisconsinites who would be prohibited from owning firearms for hunting or self-defense.

My Comments: This dude is really two faced and the worst type of gun grabber he has back in 2001 tried to pass a bill that would only allow single shot rifles pistols and shotguns in WI which did not pass as was stated above. Now in WI in 2003 WI passed the Right to Hunt, Fish, Trap and Take Game. In 1998 they passed this and is part of the WI Constitution: Wisconsin : The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation, or any other lawful purpose. (Art. 1, ? 25) Note: This provision was approved by Wisconsin voters in Nov. 1998 by a 3:1 margin.

Now I found this doing an internet search and came up with this that Doyle said: (Doyle) I supported the Constitutional Amendment guaranteeing the Right to Hunt and Fish that was approved by voters in April of 2003. And I have endorsed the proposed Hunters, Anglers, and Trappers Bill of Rights, which will help ensure a quality hunting experience for all of Wisconsin’s sportsmen and women.Some of the best hunting and fishing in America is right here in Wisconsin, and these activities are an important part of our culture and way of life. They not only contribute to our high quality of life, they also contribute to our economy. Hunting and fishing support a countless number of businesses in Wisconsin, and account for more than $5.5 billion in revenue for the state. These activities are the driving force of our tourism economy, and I am extremely proud to support them.
Rest assured that as long as I am Governor of Wisconsin, law-abiding citizens will never have to fear that their gun rights will be taken away. We will always protect the rights of sportsmen and women to hunt, fish, and trap. Our pristine natural environment will remain second to none. And Wisconsin will always remain one of the greatest states in the country when it comes to the quality and accessibility of outdoor sports.
Now I know the Dims in this state put a spin on things but this is really stretching it. Here is the link to the site: http://www.wisdems.org/ht/display/Relea ... s/i/903139

John Kerry was known for flip flopping well it looks like he has nothing on the Gov of WI. For some one that says he supports the WI hunter and gun owner he sure has a crappy way of proving it.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline magooch

Re: WI Gov Doyle up to his anti gun tricks again.
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:05 AM »
Jim, the term flip flopper is not grammatically correct.  Liar is the right word for deceitful folks like your Governor.
Swingem

Offline Mauser

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 05:05:34 AM »
When it comes to possession of guns for self-defense, Doyle is scary.  Also, does anyone really not think that if he could get away with it he would eliminate possession of all guns by private citizens?  I love his proposal that if you're convicted of ANY misdemeanor involving a gun that you forfeit any right to possess guns in the future.  Whatever happened to the idea that you forfeit rights only with felony convictions? 

I was born 50 years too late. >:(

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:58:41 AM »
Jim, the term flip flopper is not grammatically correct.  Liar is the right word for deceitful folks like your Governor.

I got stronger words for him than that, but Bill would kick me off if I used them.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 08:14:09 AM »
Cover up? I was writing a letter to the Editor of the local paper and I went to the site I linked (WI Democrat Website which I found during a web search on this anti gun issue) guess what I got the message: Display not found!
Sorry, we couldn't find the display that you requested.

If this problem persists, please contact the site webmaster or administrator.

Seems to me the Gov does not want anyone to remember his words. Seems odd that after I posted his remarks it disappears???????

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 11:32:14 AM »
Well that website is back with his words so it must have been a computer glitch this morning.  ???