Author Topic: Washington Chapter Handiholics meeting!  (Read 529 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Washington Chapter Handiholics meeting!
« on: August 17, 2007, 02:49:24 PM »
Had a great lunch with Don (BANG_OW),  Doug (canon6) and his wife Cheri today, met at Joe's Crab Shack on the river and had a wonderful chat and lunch, then took care of business in the parking lot afterwards, received the 22Lr Sportster that I bought a week ago for my grandson. Had a great time, looking forward to meeting with more wonderful folks again soon. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
Re: Washington Chapter Handiholics meeting!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 03:39:13 PM »
 Sound like you all had a good time.  Good to hear of members getting together.  :)

Offline BANG_OW

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 07:06:39 PM »
Good lunch, great company. I'll have to work all weekend to make up for it, but had a great time. next time lunch is on me! This one event was worth the trip up north, and I drove away with a sweet little rifle! 7mm-08
My list of needed Handi's just got one shorter.

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 08:38:46 PM »
Good lunch, great company. I'll have to work all weekend to make up for it, but had a great time. next time lunch is on me! This one event was worth the trip up north, and I drove away with a sweet little rifle! 7mm-08
My list of needed Handi's just got one shorter.

Don't wear yourself out workin' all weekend Don, there's another meetin' coming up on Tuesday!

I met Don and Shelly a few weeks ago up Snoqualmie Pass - good folks! Maybe we could find a way to have Chapter meetings once a year, like those Prairie Dog handiholics down Oklahoma way... ;D

Any varmints we can shoot in WA?  ... ya I know we have our share of varmints here, but I mean the kind we can legally shoot!

DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline cascadedad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 09:48:12 PM »
Come on guys, nobody invited me!!!  :'(

Actually, things have been crazy at work.  Wife just passed her Nurse Practitioner board exam last weekend in Spokane which she had been studying nonstop for.  The whole bunch of us went to root Mom on.  She is awesome.  Oldest is in two-a-days football practice and I am helping coach my 9 y.o.'s youth football team.  So, probably couldn't have made it anyway.

Glad you guys had a great time.  I met Doug and Shelly a few weeks ago.  Good people.

Sure would be great to get us all together. Probably going to be in the spring before I have time to do something.  Wife will be settled in the new job nicely by then and everything stabalized.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 11:51:26 AM »

Any varmints we can shoot in WA?  ... ya I know we have our share of varmints here, but I mean the kind we can legally shoot!

Graydiggers(California Ground Squirrel) can be found on the east side, and there are some small critters up in the Blues, dunno what they are, and there are rockchucks, but nothing that would be like a PD hunt. There are sage rats(Belding's ground squirrel) in Oregon, been talking about making a trip down to the central part of the state for them, they're numerous in the spring time from what I've been told, lots can be shot from a shooting position much like PDs. That would be a hoot, put on our own get together and shoot, it would be nice if we had a host from Oregon to organize it tho.

Sorry Glen, didn't mean to leave you out of the meeting, we were taking care of business mainly, although it may have been somewhat monkey business!! ;D

Tim

Offline canon6

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (119)
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 03:03:03 PM »
I have enjoyed meeting all of you guys, Cheri and I look forward to meeting others. Glen do not work to much take a break when you can.   Doug
a armed man is his own master

Offline McLernon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:33:17 PM »
Tim you have been a positive influence on allot of folks and shared allot of knowledge. I think you should give serious consideration to doing some writing. With your level of gun knowledge it would be a 'piece-of-cake' for you to write some articles and get paid for it!!. Nuf said!

Mc

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 05:29:05 PM »
Thanks Mc, that's real nice of you to say, but I'm happy just sharing what I can with my friends here, both new and old. ;) And I'd sure hate to be referred to as a "gun writer" even if I were qualified!!! :o

Tim

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 06:01:53 PM »
I second what Mc said about your contributions Tim - and second what you said about being a writer (having been one myself for a time - until the fun went out of it).

And I fully expect to be able to get together with you, Doug, Don, and any other Washi-handi-holics that may gather somewhere sometime... It should be fun!  ;D  And I seek fun these days.
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 06:21:37 PM »
Thanks Kerry. ;)

Ok, now all we need is a place to make this happen, hoping an Oregonian will step up, Bill???

Tim