Author Topic: H&R Great people to deal with  (Read 410 times)

Offline hunter_54

• Trade Count: (1)
H&R Great people to deal with
« on: August 29, 2007, 02:30:00 AM »
I got a great deal on a 30/30 in a pawn shop. When I got it home and was cleaning it up I notice that the bbl was warped. It had a bow in it from one end to the other. I called H&R to see if they could help me.(the gun was made in 95) Since the gun was that old I didnt expect them to replace it for free. But she told me to send it in and they would look at it. In about two weeks I had my frame with a new bbl on it back.
Took it to the range yesterday and it shoots great.
H&R  great  people to deal with.   I got my first handie this year and I now have 3 of them 45/70 BC , 45LC BC , 30/30.
I think I am hooked on them great service goes a long way.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: H&R Great people to deal with
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 05:25:52 AM »
Yup, they are the best, you won't find better service or people than H&R's. ;)

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 05:47:03 AM »
Absolutely. 

They are very busy and sometimes quick to end a phone call, but I've always been satisfied with their response.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 06:44:13 AM »
Would'nt it be nice if we could all get together and do something nice for them for Christmas....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2007, 12:06:45 PM »
Great idea, Andy!

Suggestions?

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2007, 12:17:07 PM »
Ok, that's a really good idea, but do we limit the "gift" to CS staff, or give to the other folks involved, gunsmiths, shipping clerks, all the rest of the good folks there that maintain the high quality of CS? A big fruit/goody basket or something like that maybe?

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Lazermule

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2007, 03:35:45 AM »
I have always been intrigued by low cost firearms (notice I didn't say cheap) and I own a few.  Although I do not yet own a Handi (I have one on order) I am happy to hear the great reports of their customer service. 

A few years ago, I was intrigued by another low cost firearm being the Hi-Point brand.  They too are American made and have a second to none lifetime warranty.  The first one I bought was a 40 S&W pistol, and to be honest with you I did have some problems with it.  The chamber seem a bit tight and removing a stuck shell I damaged the slide pretty bad and the gun was shooting high and right under full correction of the sights.  I sent it in and with no questions asked in two weeks it it was returned to me with a polished chamber, a new (tighter) barrel, new slide and an extra clip for my troubles.  This gun now shoots like a dream and I have 5000+ rounds through it and have won several matches with it.  Being so impressed with the service, I went on to buy 3 more Hi-Points.  Next I got a 9mm compensated pistol and have 5000+ trouble free rounds through it, a 40 S&W carbine and a 9mm Carbine.  I did break a firing pin on one of the carbines and they sent me 2 extra in a couple of days.

I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a place for these lower cost firearms that are made in the USA with an excellent warranty program.  I'm sure there will be multiple Handi Rifles in my safe before I am done.  You can pay more for a gun and I do, I have several high end names in my safe but I find myself using my old standby low cost guns to put meat on the table more often than not.  Still to this day my primary deer rifle is my old Savage 110 in 7mm rem mag that I bought new at K-Mart when I was dirt poor in college.  I get grief every year at deer camp from the guys that prance around with their Weatherby's and such, but the old Savage has never failed me and has put wel over 30 deer in the freezer.  Last year the guys gave it a name at camp, they call it "Old Dinner Bell" because when you hear it, it's time to eat.

LAZER
LAZERMULE

If I would have asked the people what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse....-Henry Ford