Author Topic: What do I look like?  (Read 734 times)

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
What do I look like?
« on: September 01, 2007, 12:35:26 PM »
This is kind of a weird question but I'm curious. I saw a post by redhawk and in it he had a picture of himself with a bear. For some reason I had a mental image of him when I read his posts and he looked nothing like what I imagined. I don't mean it in a bad way just that the picture in my mind was an older man, tall with Grey hair and a beard. It's funny how your mind puts an image to something like that. I was just wondering if anyone else has talked to someone on the phone for example and when they finally met were surprised that they didn't look anything like you thought. I thought this would be interesting to discuss, maybe some of you that have read posts of mine have a mental image of what I look like. This could be a big mistake but I'll throw it out anyway.
GBO SENIOR MEMBER "IF THAT BALL COMES IN MY YARD I'M KEEPING IT!"

NRA LIFE MEMBER

UNION STEWARD CARPENTERS LOCAL 1027

IF GOD DIDN'T WANT US TO EAT ANIMALS, WHY DID HE MAKE THEM OUT OF MEAT?

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
Re: What do I look like?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 12:57:20 PM »
Going by your forum handle, and the sound of you typing I picture you as about 3 feet tall, large hollow eyes, a HUGE grin, pointed ears, knarly fingers with big knobby knees, and large feet. You wear a cape with a pointed hood, are green in color, and hide in the woods alot along old dirt roads.
AM I CLOSE? ??? ??? :o ;D
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:00:24 PM »
I'm 3 foot 6 thank you very much and I am not in the Irish klan. ;D

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Dee

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »
Well, it was a guess after all, and I got close on your height.
 Seriously, what you say is true most of the time. Phone calls are many times a big disappointment. There is nothing like listening to a sexy female on the phone when you make a doctor's appointment, and when you go in, you find that she is 4'9" by 4'9", weighs about 345, has orange red curly hair, green eyes, huge freckles, and no front teeth. Women are good at deceiving us on the phone.

I too have read redhawk's posts but, I have him pictured hooked up to a heart monitor, and a blood pressure check machine, popping tranquilizers. ??? ;D

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 03:51:28 PM »
I too have read redhawk's posts but, I have him pictured hooked up to a heart monitor, and a blood pressure check machine, popping tranquilizers. ??? ;D

that is about as funny as a thing as i have ever read,  and i have to say that it seems to be more accurate than we might believe.   

Offline Sourdough

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 07:18:26 AM »
Just for those interested here is what I look like.  I hope I get this right. Anyone surprised?
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Skunk

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 08:16:52 AM »
Just for those interested here is what I look like.  I hope I get this right. Anyone surprised?

No surprise for me Sourdough. I figured you looked like one of those big Alaskan Grizzlies.  ;D

Skunk
Mike

"Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition" - Frank Loesser

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »
Okay here's me with my first archery buck in the shawnee national forest. A nice sized 6 point (really just a forkie with a couple of kickers that were long enough to count)Contrary to rumors being spread around I am 5' 11 and not 3' tall.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Dee

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 03:27:21 AM »
Actually sourdough, I AM somewhat taken aback by you actual appearance. I was using your name to channel your appearance into my brain. I had you figured with a longer beard, a hat with the brim turned up in front, suspenders, high boots, and a donkey instead of the four wheeler.
I guess when channeling, I was on the wrong channel.  ;D

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 03:55:48 AM »

Sourdough is a bigger man than I pictured (Dee's Grizzly analogy is good)...I can't accept Grimjim as less than 3'8" tall..

Here's a pic of the old Ironglow, demonstrating in the historic smithy at the NY State fair..
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Cheesehead

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 04:08:21 AM »
This is Cheesehead, I am much taller standing up, and a handsome sight in person.  :D
Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance.

Offline victorcharlie

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 05:10:27 AM »
There are only of few of us who have earned the title of (just like) Redhawk1's kid. ;D

It is funny how we create an image of things in our mind and then later find out our image is nothing like real life.

Many years ago I talked several times a day to a gal in Cincinnati who had an incredibly sexy voice.  I met her in real life and she didn't look anything like what she sounded like..... ???
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater

Offline GRIMJIM

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 05:19:37 AM »
This is Cheesehead, I am much taller standing up, and a handsome sight in person.  :D
You don't look anything like Henry Rollins. Nice scooter too.

NRA LIFE MEMBER

Offline Don Fischer

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 03:07:16 PM »
This is about the most recent photo I have of me. About 15 yrs ago. I've gotten better if any girls are looking. What I have in mind is a blond, about 5'4", 115# at most, filthy rich and 97 yrs old. If your sharing a heart monitor with Redhawk, so much the better; I'm not the jealous type. Only those with short term goals need apply!

A good salt water fishing boat and a bass boat would be nice!
:wink: Even a blind squrrel find's an acorn sometime's![/quote]