Author Topic: Support Hillary if you want further harm done to America  (Read 4061 times)

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Support Hillary if you want further harm done to America
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2007, 05:49:42 PM »
I Posted a link dee all you have to do is look all his info is there. He has a strong record on being pro gun and conservative. As far as him being a actor so was Reagan and he was a very popular conserative President!  Matt straw polls mean little in fact when it comes to politics most polls are either skewed or faulty depending on who is doing them, and who is that ignorance crack directed at?  >:(  Myself I can live with either Thompson or Paul just as long as one of them wins the nomination. Just as long as it is not Rudy or that moron McCain. I have a hunch Thompson  being an actor may help win him votes  just like Reagan that Paul could not get.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2007, 05:53:46 PM »
Fred Thompson's career was in the single most anti gun show on TV. I cannot and will not trust him. He lies in my opinion.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2007, 05:58:50 PM »
GB you cannot hold that against him hell other conservative actors have taken jobs that were just that jobs. If I remember right some of Tom Sellecks earlier work was not any thing as pro gun as he does now either or some other conservative actors too.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2007, 06:03:03 PM »
Fred Thompson's career was in the single most anti gun show on TV. I cannot and will not trust him. He lies in my opinion.

Then look up his political record and see. I see your hat is in the Ring for Paul fine. but Thompson is a good choice too from what I have read. His record is only a mouse click away.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: August 25, 2007, 06:18:57 PM »

Then look up his political record and see. I see your hat is in the Ring for Paul fine. but Thompson is a good choice too from what I have read. His record is only a mouse click away.

Bush "looked" pro gun before being elected but actually has done about as much if not more to hurt gun owners since he got elected than Klinton. I have no interest in looking further at him than I have. I do not trust him.

Just how do you SEE anything about me and Paul? I've not posted one single solitary word regarding him prior to you making this post accusing me of having a hat in the ring for him. Best get your eye glasses prescription checked soon.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2007, 06:33:14 PM »
Well GB when I see this at the bottom of the site:

GBO Candidate for 2008

Ron Paul 2008
Hope for America

Please take the time to hear what Ron Paul has to say.

I would say that leads me to think you support him since this IS YOUR SITE? Just like if you had one of his bumper stickers on your vehicle it would lead me to believe your a supporter.  If you are not than that is a bit confusing.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2007, 06:39:30 PM »
You seem to forget that Matt is the site Webmaster and as such has the ability to put a lot of stuff up and from time to time does so without consulting me. That is the case here. So far he's not even convinced me to do as the message says and take the time to hear what he has to say. Ya know about that "assuming" don't ya?

Do you see anything regarding him attached to my posts? To my signature line?

How about Matt's? Do you see it there? Things getting any more clear yet?

If/When I decide who I am prepared to support I'm sure it won't be too difficult to determine who that candidate is. At this time I have made no such decision.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2007, 06:48:18 PM »
Your site and I am sure not going to argue with you about it as it is not worth it. Just wondering if I had a site and you came to it and that sign was at the TOP and the BOTTOM of the web page what would you think? Yea it may have been assuming on my part, but like I said if I see a car with a Bush sticker on it I figure they support Bush if I see a car with Hillary on it the same thing. So no matter who put it up there since this site is your property and domain I figured you supported the guy since you have not made up your mind and stated so that works for me but you could see how that could be confusing to some.

Offline Matt

• .:{º.º}:.
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • Inkredible Image
« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2007, 07:02:49 PM »
Now why on earth would anyone ever accuse me of being a Ron Paul supporter.

Just becuase Ron Paul  is displayed on every page dont mean anything does it? ::)

Hey check out this link if you want to know who is getting money and from whom.

http://www.whitehouseforsale.org/

Matt
Any fool can know. The point is to understand.”
― Albert Einstein

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2007, 09:32:35 AM »
Not disagreeing with your logic jh45gun it is just that appearances can be deceiving. Matt and I do not always agree on things some times we do and some times we don't. I would not even have known how to put that at the bottom of each page if I wanted to do so. Matt on the other hand does. He is strongly supporting Ron Paul and while I might eventually at this point I'm personally supporting no one.

The site is a family owned one and more than one person has a say in the running of it. Now at times I get real stubborn and put my foot down and say this is or is not gonna happen here but most of the time other family members in the ownership are pretty free to express things as they wish and this is a case of Matt wanting to express his strong support of Ron Paul. Since I've made no decision regarding who I think will be best for 2008 I've just stayed out of the matter.

If/when I decide to toss my personal support behind someone it will be someone I feel has at least some chance of winning and whose views I can best support. For now it's too early to say if that might or might not be Ron Paul. I can say only that it will not be a dumocrap and it will not be a person who chose to participate in the most rabidly antigun show ever to be on TV.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2007, 12:33:47 PM »
You know GB some might think you JUDGMENTAL in the case of Thompson being on a basically ANTI-GUN show, but the truth of the matter, do we not ENDORSE WITH OUR PRESENCE issues when we choose to participate in what ever the issue. I would not attend a democratic fund raiser even with a friend. To do so would endorse their agenda by my presence.
If he is TRULY PRO-GUN, he would not promote ANTI-GUN in any way. But actors act for money don't they?
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2007, 01:08:41 PM »
Dee What the heck are we any better?  90% of the hollywood weirdo's are anti gun yet we watch their movies and tv shows. Now while I refuse to watch several of them Like anything moore has done or that puke clooney (rymes with looney :) ) I figrued if I boycotted  every damn actor who was not as conservative as I was I never would watch a movie or TV.  So I pick and choose but I do watch some.  I tried that boycotting the anti's movies a while back and I found that I had little new movies to watch if I was going to do that. Now I cannot stand tree huggers and those Peta freaks and when I read that the guy (Phoenix) who did the Johnny Cash Movie does not wear leather and they had to make plastic boots for him to wear I darn near did not go to the movie. But I did and it was a DARN good movie. Now I do not care for the anti gun pukes who make money using guns in the movies and then bash them when they are not acting too damn too face to me. But for the most part if they keep their mouths shut most of the time I will watch their movies. Like I said clooney and moore I would not pee on them if they were on fire.

Offline Dee

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2007, 01:52:45 PM »
Dee What the heck are we any better?  90% of the hollywood weirdo's are anti gun yet we watch their movies and tv shows. Now while I refuse to watch several of them Like anything moore has done or that puke clooney (rymes with looney :) ) I figrued if I boycotted  every damn actor who was not as conservative as I was I never would watch a movie or TV.  So I pick and choose but I do watch some.  I tried that boycotting the anti's movies a while back and I found that I had little new movies to watch if I was going to do that. Now I cannot stand tree huggers and those Peta freaks and when I read that the guy (Phoenix) who did the Johnny Cash Movie does not wear leather and they had to make plastic boots for him to wear I darn near did not go to the movie. But I did and it was a DARN good movie. Now I do not care for the anti gun pukes who make money using guns in the movies and then bash them when they are not acting too damn too face to me. But for the most part if they keep their mouths shut most of the time I will watch their movies. Like I said clooney and moore I would not pee on them if they were on fire.

Well I guess that is one way of looking at it. I watch very little tv OR movies, and when I do it is usually the PBR, or the History, or Discovery channels, and lately those are getting questionable. I don't believe we were discussing, (or at least I wasn't) ALL THE HOLLYWOOD MORONS. I was discussing Fred Thompson, whom as GB says has a role on a very ANTI-GUN show. If you were offered a good deal of money to make an ANTI-GUN COMMERCIAL "WOULD YOU"? I certainly wouldn't. I would make a PRO-GUN COMMERCIAL or an ANTI-ABORTION one.
If you were an actor, would you take a part in a movie where you played a homosexual? I wouldn't, REGARDLESS of the money offered. THE POINT IS: THOMPSON WENT AGAINST WHAT HE "SAYS" HE BELIEVES IN FOR THE SAKE OF ART AND MONEY. But then again I have never viewed actors as artists but more as entertainers, with usually, very few visible morals. By portraying a character in such a show HE "IS" SENDING AN ANTI-GUN MESSAGE OUT whether you choose to believe it or not. So no vote for Thompson from my camp.
Dennis Weaver, and Kirk Douglas made a fortune playing in westerns with GUNS, but were ANTI-GUN. What a couple of HYPOCRITS. Thompson is a HYPOCRIT in reverse, compared to these two, and I don't think can be trusted. You are either one way or the other on the issue. He makes money playing ANTI-GUN roles on TV,  and wants the PRO-GUN crowd's vote. You and I are on the same side as for the problems in this country, but I am some what LESS TRUSTING, toward people whom want their cake and eat it too.  ???

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »
Just for arguements sake I wonder if Reagan played any parts that could be considered anti gun?

Offline Dee

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2007, 04:39:47 PM »
Hell, I don't know. I thought he was a lousy actor. One must also remember that this era of actors, although they were playing ring around the rosy with the multiple wife deal, were not only DISCREET, but stopped acting and joined the military to fight in WWII. Some were not young men, when they went to war, and could have gotten out of it. To compare them with today's crop of morons in HOLLYWEIRD is almost apples to oranges. In fact I think it is.   ;D

Offline powderman

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »
No matter what Thompson played, his record seems flawless on the gun issue, he will get my vote. POWDERMAN.  :) :) :) :) :) :)
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2007, 05:37:45 PM »
Hollyweird makes not one red cent from me. I think the last time I went to see a movie was back about '79 or so. I'm very selective in what I watch on TV and if it has strongly anti gun actors I don't watch it even on TV. I stop watching even shows I previously liked when the do something on there or make some kinda politica statement I do not agree with. I just completely disavow any association with them once they cross a line I can't accept.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »
I do not have cable nor do I satellite. So I am at the mercy of the 5 local tv stations they are CBS affiliate, NBC affiliate, and ABC affiliate. We also have a Fox channel which is not like the cable one and a public tv channel. Since most of the big three networks show brain dead so called reality tv and other assorted crap I do not watch much Tv I rent a movie once in a while or get some one to tape one if I see one on cable that looks good. Most tv these days is crap and from what I see of the repeats on cable to me it is not worth the money. I read alot and spend some time on the computer when not doing other pursuits.

Offline Dee

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2007, 01:44:44 AM »
I HAVE satalite jh45gun, and it's no better. Like GB, I refuse to watch these political agenda actors and shows. Alec Baldwin is one of my favorite people to ignore. I used to enjoy watching Tommy Lee Jones until I saw him at the democratic convention on TV tell the biggest lie I have ever heard about his friend Algore, when he was backing him. ::)
You think about people like Martin Scheen whom quit school in the 9th grade to take up acting, and he believes he is smarter than us. :o
It seems that as soon as they get to Hollywierd their brain dies, and don't even get me started on that fool Sean Penn.
I spend a lot of time outside, on the computer, and the guitar.

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2007, 06:35:47 AM »
  I spend a lot of time outside, on the computer, and the guitar.

+1 Me too. Well not that much outside but hunting season is coming up so I will be and I usually trout fish a lot but we are in a drought so the cricks are too low to make for good fishing. I cannot buck the brush anymore but when the water is higher I know lots of places close to the roads. So I bave not fished much at all this summer but I will be getting out and doing some hunting.

I got a great find yesterday on a local free cycle site. A Calfone speaker system Looks like the the early 60's vintage I am thinking? Speakers are Utah 12's should make good tube amp extension speakers. They kinda have that vintage look. Should go good with my 1962 Silvertone Tube amp.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2007, 04:11:39 PM »
  Frankly, I believe that Ron Paul and Fred Thompson both have many good ideas, and a few clunkers..

The major difference is that at this point, Thompson has a chance at being elected..while as is often the case, a vote for Paul will amount to a vote for Hitlery..

Actually, I like the stances of Mike Huckabee and though he has an outside chance at best, it is still worlds better than any third party candidate.
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline muskeg13

• Avid Poster
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
GB, no matter how you excuse it, this site has endorsed Ron Paul.  Look at the bottom of your page, just below where you ask viewers for donations to the server fund, where it says Ron Paul is the GBO candidate for 2008.  Is this site a financial contributor to Ron Paul?  If you want it otherwise and want to remain uncommitted for the moment, you sir need to take action.  I guess you'll blow up and ban me, but so be it.  I've enjoyed my time in here reading and discussing the main reason for being in here, guns and hunting.

Respectfully,

Muskeg

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »
Matt NOT ME and NOT the site is supporting Ron Paul at this point in time. No money from me personally or the site income is going to him and it's highly unlikely any of my money will go to him. No site income is ever used to support any political candidate. If you can't understand and accept that then the problem is yours.

During the next year leading up to the elections you will no doubt see a lot of different political ads show up in the google ads on there. Those pay the site money and no doubt the closer the election gets the more money ads will pay as eveyone will be bidding the cost of them up. That doesn't mean we support those canididates it just means we're taking their money to let you see their ads. Who you support is your business and if/when I endorse a candidate you'll know I did.

But Matt as part owner of the site as well is free to express his political views here as well even if they don't match my own which often they do not.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125