Author Topic: mil dot scope  (Read 529 times)

Offline IRA51

• Trade Count: (0)
mil dot scope
« on: September 05, 2007, 12:17:06 PM »
I have a Remington 700 vs in .308 that I got as present in 1995 and I just got around to unboxing it and useing it . what I need is a mil dot scope (not a Super Sniper) that is under $600.00 (street price)inc rings and base's  it can be a referb but must be good at 100 to 500 meters . what I'm after is a poor mans sniper set up that would be capable to produce 2 inch groups at 500 meters the trigger has ben adjusted and the rifle will use 168 fed match or 175 grain Black hills red box . I have been able to get these kind of groups with my Sako TRG IN .308/Nikon tactical combo that is missing in action . I suspect my daughters ex husband stole it and a Colt python that came up missing at the same time .any way I want the best bang for the buck and if I could get a 30 mm over a 1 inch that would be great .what I want is top line champagne at beer prices . any help is apresheated, thanks .

Offline KN

Re: mil dot scope
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 01:51:48 PM »
I have a 4200 Elite mil dot that I really like. Should come out in the price range you mentioned.

Offline The Sodbuster

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 02:33:46 PM »
my Sako TRG IN .308/Nikon tactical combo that is missing in action . I suspect my daughters ex husband stole it and a Colt python that came up missing at the same time

Know why gunsafes are so expensive?  'Cause they're worth it!

With respect to mil-dot scopes: Nikon's 4.5-14X40mm Buckmaster scope comes in mil-dot for around $300.  In addition, Burris Fullfield II Tactical 6.5-20X50mm is also a mil-dot scope (around $500-$550).

Sometimes it takes me a few months after purchasing a rifle to get the scope, rings and base, reloading dies, etc.; but, 12 years to unbox it?  You're more patient than I am.  That or you've got such an extensive aresenal already that it's hard to find time for any new guns.

Offline IRA51

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 02:46:30 PM »
got 3 great gun safes,but it was my fault giveing my tweeker daughter the combo at the time . and yes extensive is the word . who would bother with the Rem if they had a Sako TRG 42 ? combo has been changed daughter has been rehabed,beer has been cryed in . going to check out the 4200.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 03:28:02 PM »
I have this scope on my Remington 700 SPS 243. I shot a 3/4'' group at 300 yards with it not to long ago. The optics are very clear and a great scope for the money. They are also a GBO sponser. http://www.muelleroptics.com/products/MT852544.html           Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline prairiedog555

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
I have been looking at getting a mil dot, and have a 2x7 mueller I like a lot.  But the Mueller mil dots are round instead of bars.  I just read an article that said that for really long range shooting the bars are better because the dots obscure part of the sight picture.  Makes sense to me.