Author Topic: NEF stainless (nickel?) Shotgun question.  (Read 835 times)

Offline aflineman

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
NEF stainless (nickel?) Shotgun question.
« on: July 23, 2007, 12:08:17 PM »
I traded for a NEF shotgun a while ago. It is silver (either stainless or I believe nickel) with a survivor stock and forearm on it. The barrel is 18" and the survivor forearm is the one with 3 compartments. Stock has a removable divider in it to make it two compartments.
My question, is this a configuration that NEF used to sell, or is it something that someone put together? I have not been able to find any info on-line. I will try and post a picture later, when my camera gets home.

Thanks

(Oops, forgot to add it is a 3" chamber 12ga).
Have lights? Thank a Lineman!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: NEF stainless (nickel?) Shotgun question.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 12:16:35 PM »
There are and have been many configurations sold over the years, or it could have been reconfigured by a previous owner. The frames are nickel plated, barrels can be SS tho, although the Tamer has a nickeled barrel too.

Tim

http://hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/tamer.aspx

http://hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/topper.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline aflineman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2007, 01:02:33 PM »
Here are the photos. (That is a survivor stock under all of the slide-on stuff) ;D

This should work out to be a fairly light and handy grouse gun. Darn thing kicks pretty good with high base shells and 1600fps slugs!

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
Now that's a candidate for a BC stock, if I ever saw one....

I do seem to recall that H&R made some 12ga Surviviors a few years back.  This could be one of them.  I suggest having the choke measured to see if it is actually a Mod. choke or if it is cylinder.  Then you would know if it's been cut down.

Shorties....got a love 'em.

cookiemann
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 01:07:40 PM »
Check out my avatar. that is an old 12ga survivor with a regular synthetic stock on it and a storearm fore end. I thinks it's the best walkin' around /truck gun I've ever had. Recoil is brutal but it gets carried a lot and shot a little. It is great companion. what the synthetic stocks lack in form they make up for in function for a bushwhackin' gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline aflineman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 11:05:27 AM »
Thanks for the input and info. I think this will do the trick for my grouse hunting needs. Light enough to cover some ground. Small enough to keep handy in the truck for those days when I get out early and decide to take the back roads home. With what I carry in my vest and what I have in the stock; I could be comfortable for a few days in the woods if needed.

Offline aflineman

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 04:35:59 AM »
Well, this little shotgun has worked out so far. I limited out on Grouse opening morning of the season and took the first Mtn. Quail that I have taken in a few years. I think this will fit my needs perfectly.