Author Topic: Anyone have any experience with Cabelas scopes?  (Read 405 times)

Offline teddy12b

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Anyone have any experience with Cabelas scopes?
« on: September 05, 2007, 11:02:45 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Cabelas scopes?

I'm not talking about buying just a scope from Cabelas, I'm talking about buying the scopes from Cabelas that are Cabelas brand.  I have seen that some of them look priced too good to be true for the power.  Just curious.

Offline Cement Man

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: Anyone have any experience with Cabelas scopes?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:43:07 PM »
I  bought a Pine Ridge once.  It was not a great scope, but not a bad scope - I had no problems with it.  For what I paid, I didn't expect much and it was better than I anticipated.  It is Cabelas cheapest line.
There have been a few discussions of Cabelas scopes on this board in the past, and some gents who worked at Cabelas and seemed very honest and knowledgeable indicated that the better grades (Alaskan Guides, etc) were indeed excellent scopes and excellent values.  Can't remember how long ago it was, but maybe you can do a search and look at these posts.  I have more scopes than rifles to mount them on right now, but I definitely would buy one from Cabelas.  Cabelas has always treated me right if I didn't like something, and not all places will let you return a scope if you have mounted it.

CIVES ARMA FERANT - Let the citizens bear arms.
POLITICIANS SHOULD BE LIMITED TO TWO TERMS - ONE IN OFFICE AND ONE IN PRISON.... Illinois already does this.