Author Topic: Packing dot org what happened?  (Read 886 times)

Offline Glockman

• Trade Count: (0)
Packing dot org what happened?
« on: September 17, 2007, 06:36:34 AM »
Packing dot Org was one of the most useful websites.   does any body know what happened to them?

How can we get them back on line.   Does any one have contacts at NRA headquarters.   Maybe the NRA should send over some computer help or money or what ever it takes to get this great web site back in business.   I would love it if the NRA spent my dues money on this project.

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Packing dot org what happened?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 12:00:02 PM »
PDO was a wonderful site.  " WAS".   In my opinion too many trolls were allowed to stay on and they did nothing but create tension between any and all posters that were there. Moderation was non existent in the last couple of years and updates were never seen. What was undeniably the best self defense site in the world was built, and then abandoned and left to die. I visited their daily and hope to see it return. But I'm not holding my breath. If you need a good source for info, here is a good one.   http://www.handgunlaw.us/

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Re: Packing dot org what happened?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 05:28:12 PM »
If folded pure and simple happens every day in fact millions of sites fold every year. To run a site like that takes a LOT of time and effort and where's the pay back? That's why so many fold every year folks jump in thinking what a great idea they have for a site and maybe they really do as in this case but when they see how much effort it takes and how small the pay back is for that effort they throw up their hands and give up.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!