Author Topic: Barrel shipping discovery  (Read 744 times)

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Barrel shipping discovery
« on: October 04, 2007, 05:57:24 PM »
I just shipped off a Savage .243 barrel this week.  Shipped it USPS priority mail.  Turns out it is cheaper to send it priority mail than regular mail because they charge a premium for odd shaped packaging with regular mail and no extra with priority mail.  Think it was $11.00 priority.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline handirifle

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
    • http://www.handirifle.com
Re: Barrel shipping discovery
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 08:37:05 PM »
cool, good to know.  thanks
God, Family, and guns, in that order!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Re: Barrel shipping discovery
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 01:34:00 AM »
I now try to use USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation exclusively. Even with the price increases it's still about the best around in many instances. The extra $2.00, give or take, is well worth it. I just bought something from a member here and unfortunately it was sent parcel post a couple of days ago. I have not heard yet if there was delivery confirmation on it and am waiting to hear back from the member. I hope there was. The difference for me in getting items delivered to me through the mail from anywhere in the continental US is 3 to 4 days for Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation to 28 to 30 days for parcel post with delivery confirmation and occasionally NEVER getting them if there is no delivery confirmation. I have found Delivery Confirmation to be almost as good as insurance since it virtually assures the delivery of your package,m and in a timely manner and cheaper than insurance as well!! I am hoping there was delivery confirmation on the last stock set I bought here and if not I hope they get here....<><....:(
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley