Author Topic: new missouri handgun laws  (Read 869 times)

Offline hillbill

• Trade Count: (0)
new missouri handgun laws
« on: September 11, 2007, 02:47:32 PM »
a guy at work was telling me he had heard that in mo yu no longer needed to go to the sheriffs office to get permit for a handgun, that the ffl could do backround chek , but he didnt know about the waiting period. im not talking about the concealed carry, just the permit to buy a short gun. anybody know anything about this?

Offline Shawnee Gene

• Avid Poster
Re: new missouri handgun laws
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 05:15:22 AM »
Your man is correct.  The permit is no longer required as of 28 AUG 07.  There is no waiting period required. ;D
"Wheel guns are Real guns!"

Offline KN

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:39:33 AM »
Yes they finally got rid of the ridiculous power the sheriff's department had over gun purchases. It was nothing more than a cash cow for them ever since the instant check system was implemented. You are no longer breaking the law with private party sales with out a permit either. Many people didn't know that private sales required the same permit.    KN

Offline hillbill

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 01:21:41 AM »
thanks for the info guys. i may contemplate a new handgun purchase. something i haven't done in years because of the hassle with the sheriffs office. our local constabulary is most inefficient in any matters requiring any kind of attention span.happy shootin!