Author Topic: remington spr 308  (Read 4548 times)

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
Re: remington spr 308
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2007, 03:02:36 PM »
I have been looking at these rifles on the Remington site and have been contemplating one in 243. My question is are the ejector or extractor? It really does not matter just curious. Thinking I will be ordering one Monday. Thanks in advance
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline jim huntington

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 10:53:54 AM »
The spr18 has an extractor where you have to pull the empty case the rest of the way out.I have one in .308 and love it.Took a buck with it last year with open sights. I have recently put a scope on it and have it all sighted in. The biggest problem I had was finding the right scope mounts for the guns short 11mm rail.I ended up getting bkl offset rings. They did the trick. I also tried a compact scope which didnt work out. Ended up putting a standard 3x9 scope on it and that worked out just fine. :P

Offline dougk

• Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2007, 01:37:42 AM »
The biggest problem I had was finding the right scope mounts for the guns short 11mm rail.I ended up getting bkl offset rings. They did the trick. I also tried a compact scope which didnt work out. Ended up putting a standard 3x9 scope on it and that worked out just fine. :P

B-Square makes great 11mm dovetail rings hat mount on the Baikals/Remington/Spartan SPR rifles.
I have had them on a Baikal IZH-94 12/30-06 for 4 years without any problem.  I mainly shot slugs with the 30-06.

Doug

Offline bulzaye

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
  • How about them cowboys
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 03:48:23 PM »
Thank you,

The gun shop I normally do business with does not want to order me one because they say they are junk. I want one in 243 and if they do not want to order it I will go elsewhere. I wish I could get it in 7mm-08, but will take a 243. It's a plinker coyote and deer gun and I reload, so I can play with it. Thank you for the info on the scope mount also
Deceased 4/26/08 RIP Bob.

A country boy can survive

Offline jim huntington

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »

Hey there Bullseye!
                         As far as the spr18 is concerned,they are a good quality gun for the money.I have one in .308 and just love it.Shot a buck with it last fall, using iron sights. This year I have a scope on it and its sighted in. I cant wait for deer season to start. The only thing I could find fault with it was the finish on the wood was not the greatest.I stripped it and refinished it so were now it looks really good.

:P

Offline jim huntington

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2007, 01:22:17 PM »
:P