Author Topic: I know I shouldn't have, but........  (Read 1312 times)

Offline snuffer#1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
I know I shouldn't have, but........
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:07:05 PM »
I went to the gun shop the other day and treated myself to a Rossi 357 mag. snubby. ??? Heck, it was my birthday! Now I have another Rossi . It's a 38 spl and I had it for a couple of years now and it works great. I'm hoping that Rossi screwed up and let me have a decent made gun. I'll get it to the range hopefully, in a couple of weeks. It's new,but I know that doesn't mean anything. I also have 2 BH in 45 colt and 357 mag. With 2 girls in college, I have to get what I can. I hope that it's a ok gun.  ::)
                                                                                          snuffer
Anything worth learning can't be taught in a classroom.

Offline Doug K.A.

• Avid Poster
Re: I know I shouldn't have, but........
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 10:26:48 AM »
Good Luck, I hope it shoots good ;)
Some days you're the bug, some days you're the windshield.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:53:46 AM »
You're right you really shouldn't have. But since you did best of luck to you. Come back and let us know how it performs and how Rossi performs when you have to return it for the repairs that so often are needed.  ???

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline snuffer#1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 06:10:25 PM »
I'm hoping that I can come back and tell you something good. ::) I know it will get a workout the first time it is at the range. If it messes up, then I'll try to get what I can for it and put some more money away for a SP101 in 357 mag. I'm really a ruger guy at heart. ;D
                                                                                                     thomas

Offline superdown

• Trade Count: (14)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 06:19:30 PM »
Rossi is like a bad taurus oh that's right that's an Oxy-moron.

Offline snuffer#1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 11:27:05 AM »
Well, the range report is good. I put 100 rounds through the mag with no problems. Took the 38 spl along too! I've not had a problem with the 38 spl either. Maybe I got lucky and got a hand gun made through the week and not on a mon. or fri.. The 357 mag was still tight after the first hundred. I reloaded the rounds and they were loaded to factory specs. So far I'm pleased! They will be My ccw guns.
                                                                             snuffer

Offline 5knives

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 06:42:59 PM »
Sounds like you got a good one!

Bought one for my wife about 3 years ago, dealer had 4 in stock, I picked the smoothest action.

After a couple trips to the range, I went back and bought the second smoothest action for myself.

roughly 600 rounds through each one now, roughly 2/3 .38 spcl and 1/3 .357.

Problems to date?

Zero.

Zip.

Nada

That take us past the 'reliability 500 rounds' I use to judge guns, and they both passed, neither will get much over 100-200 rounds a year now lest the other guns feel neglected, but I'm happy with both of them. Surprisingly accurate and well regulated too.

Couple of the better handgun purchases I've ever made in fact. Here's hoping you have an equally pleasent experience.

Regards,
 :)