Author Topic: Good staff at NEF customer service  (Read 657 times)

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
Good staff at NEF customer service
« on: September 13, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »
This is the story of my experience of sending a receiver in for additional barrels.  This is the 2nd time I have sent a receiver in.  The first time was a couple of years ago and it went smoothly and took about 6 weeks.

This time I was sending a different receiver in to purchase two .357 barrels, some sights, a scope rail & hammer extension, and an extractor part.  I also requested the free trigger job with the pull set to 3 to 3 1/2lbs.  I timed it so that the receiver should arrive after the plant shut down and about the time they told me that they would be getting the new batch of .357 barrels in.  The receiver arrived at NEF on Aug. 10. 

While I was waiting on the order I got interested in a couple of other ideas and had another paycheck.  So I emailed an addition to my order.  I ordered a .50cal muzzle loader barrel.  The same day I got an email reply that they were out of the muzzle loader barrels and it would be 6 to 8 weeks before they got any.  They wanted to know if I wanted them to hold my order and wait until the muzzle loader barrels came in.  (I found out today that they have been waiting since last spring for them)  I told them no, add another .357 barrel to my order, to make it a total of three .357 barrels.  I got a reply back, No problem, it should ship out the following week.

The following week I saw that MSP Ret was looking for a small part.  So I called NEF and my order was still there, so I added the part he needed.  I have watched my charge card on-line and today I saw that NEF posted an amount to my account.  So I knew it was ready to ship.  BUT the amount was too small.  I thought I knew about how much the bill should be and this was way short.  So I called to check to see if they ran out of barrels or what.  I had about a 5 minute wait on hold when I called.  She couldn't find my paperwork but knew that my gun was to shipping to be sent out.  She put me on hold and went looking.  About 5 min later she was back.  She found my paperwork and it only had two barrels listed.  So she said she'd call me back.

When she called back I went over the email addition information, that did not get included in my order, probably on a post-it somewhere.  She sent someone to pull my order to check the box.  It was on the big brown truck and they pulled it off.  It only had two barrels.  She checked with her gunsmiths to make sure they had more .357 barrels, they did.  So they were fitting the third barrel on my receiver this afternoon and shipping tomorrow.  That is 5 weeks from when they received my receiver.

While she went through my invoice and order she said that it was noted that they did not reduce my trigger pull.  It is already at 3lbs and 7oz.  They did disassemble and clean it.

I am happy with this experience and they are good people to work with.  One thing to remember is that they don't always have control over their suppliers.  If they don't have something, they can't ship it.  I do think they could do better in letting you know the status of your order.  A little communication would go a long way in public relations and making satisfied customers.  I talked to them 4 times on the phone today and never felt rushed, I felt like I had her undivided attention.  Of course it didn't hurt with her calling me Honey. 
 ;)
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Good staff at NEF customer service
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 01:46:58 PM »
Excellent report!!   

The only thing I have to say is I hope your 3rd barrel wasn't the one I was supposed to get and it was the last one!! ;D

thanks,

Tim
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 08:18:35 PM »
NAWWWW   she said that her gunsmith said they have plenty, not sure how many plenty is.   ???
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 03:07:51 AM »
d, In my book there's a lot to say for good phone service or customer service in general. It goes a long way in the over all shopping (on the phone or local retail) experience and will bring back return customers. BUT...why three 357 barrels?  I'm not saying it like it's a bad thing!   ;)
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 03:44:13 AM »
can u say trdin fodder ;D
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 06:38:17 PM »
3 barrels..  if you're going to get a good barrel, why not get more  ;D  Actually one of the barrels is for burntoomuch, we have had a trade deal going since I sent my receiver in.  Both his and one of my barrels will be reamed to .357 Max.  The other barrel will be for a future project, maybe from a GBO sponsor.

But having 6 grandsons is always a good reason to buy more toys.

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 04:36:27 AM »
 ;D Good answer  ;D
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 05:42:51 AM »
The Big Brown Truck left me a box yesterday afternoon.  Six weeks minus one day from when I sent my receiver to NEF.  All was neatly packaged and only one small part was missing, which I probably hadn't adequately described.  MSP Ret's part was even in there.  This is going to be more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:24 AM »
good report Doug, my first .357 Mag barrel became a Max and my second .357 barrel became a .35 Remington. Now if I can ever get my .45 ACP barrel I will be a happy camper....<><....:)
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2007, 06:03:50 PM »
The missing extractor part showed up in the mail today from NEF  ;D  That was a nice surprise.

Offline Foggy

• Trade Count: (40)
  • A Real Regular
  • If you die first we're going to split up your gear
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 11:09:54 PM »
I called them yesterday and they (she) was not only very helpful but entertaining. Did not get her name but she was very helpful Nice Folks
Walk softly carry a big stick and never walk away  T.R.

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 06:37:48 AM »
One thing I have noticed is it depends on who you get on the line. I believe the one lady (Mary? ) seems to be very helpful and very interested in your order the other lady not so. Last week when I called they did have my order screwed up and it was to be fixed and said should be about 4 weeks . When I called today to check again this lady seemed cold and way to busy to help and said it would be 8-10 weeks now that is quite a big difference in time and seemed more like an answear to just get rid of me . Now don't get me wrong I bet it is a real pain in the butt to have to deal with us always calling and checking and adding to orders but when you here of some of the mistakes they have had how do you just sit around and wait only to find out there was a problem. Kurt
they recieved my action on the 4th of sept.
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"