Author Topic: Great customer service at Mueller Optics.  (Read 867 times)

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
Great customer service at Mueller Optics.
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:57:20 PM »
I bought a Mueller 8.5x25x44 Tactical rifle scope a couple months ago. I just noticed the other day that the elevation cap seems to be stripped out and does not stay tight. The funny thing is I never over tightened it. I emailed Mueller about the problem and they said they would mail me out a set of caps today. I feel that was very good of them. So my hat is off to them.          Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: Great customer service at Mueller Optics.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 03:04:39 PM »
Yup, Rich provides extremely good CS. ;)

Tim

http://muelleroptics.com/
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »
Dale, What's the quality like on the Mueller product? I've never heard of them before. Thanks -gary
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 04:51:05 PM »
Dale, What's the quality like on the Mueller product? I've never heard of them before. Thanks -gary
To be honest I put right up there with Nikon. I have to say it is a very good scope. Maybe the best I have ever owned. The price is sure right. That is because they don't spend millions on advertising and go by word of mouth. I have to say though when it is on high power you have to get your eye just right to see through the scope. I don't feel that is any different than any other scope at that power though.   Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 05:05:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply Dale. Has it been field tested ? If so did it pass the wet/damp weather fogging test? The only reason I ask is I've seen some inexpensive crap that was not worth the shipping cost, which was considerably less than what these sell for. Has the Mueller product been discussed here on GB and have any other members purchased them, and how long has Mueller been in business? Thanks -g

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 05:33:57 PM »
PigBoy, you apparently haven't been in the Optics forum where this thread has been moved to now, but take a look at the Mueller reviews posted here, they're excellent optics at a very good price, I have 6 of em. ;)

Tim

http://www.swfa.com/c-1339-mueller-riflescopes.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 05:49:17 PM »
Pigboy. I do like this scope. I can say this it has 1/8 MOA adjustments and they really seem to be true. As far as it fogging up I have run around in an truck with AC for a  couple hours with 90 to 95 degree temps. With the humidity being near 100% and I have yet have it to fog. On the other hand I have had my Bushnell binoculars fog in the same conditions. I have not tested this scope during winter time conditions yet. Like running around in my truck for a couple hours with the heat on then jumping out in the snow when it is 10 degrees out.   Dale

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2007, 07:48:49 AM »
Dale/Tim, Thanks for the reply...I did not read the reviews, but will do so and will take your word on there quality. I gonna look into them soon. -g

Offline dougk

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Driftwood TEXAS
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 09:00:27 AM »
Pigboy
you should check out this review on the Mueller, I believe several of your questions will be answered.
http://www.gboreloaded.com/forums/index.php/topic,124128.0.html

Doug

Offline d_hiker

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (69)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2007, 09:51:42 AM »
I bought one of the Mueller Eraticator Tactical scopes.  I love it.  It has too much power for what I would normally use, but for long range the 25x is nice and clear.  As Dale said about his, the eye relief at max power is a little tricky when you first put it on.  Last week we were shooting prairie dogs out to 500+ yards.  Imagine shooting at a squirrel or cat at about 3 to 5 city blocks, over a quarter mile.  When my son used that rifle he backed the power back to 18 to 20x and didn't have a problem with eye relief.  Other than a couple of trips to the range to sight it in, the p-dog trip was it's first outing and seemed to stand up to a couple of days of shooting.  Between my shots I would use it to spot for one of the other shooters.
"IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!"

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »
The quality and customer service of Mueller scopes is top notch. I just wish I could convince Rich to make scopes more in tune with my personal scope use specs. If he'd make them in more normal power ranges like 1.5-5, 2-7 and 3-9 without the extra bulk that the lighted reticle requires I think he'd really make a huge impact in that market segment. Some day he promises me so I just continue to sit and wait.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2007, 07:49:31 PM »
Thank you. I can rely on your opinions as fact as I know your all shooters here. I will take a look-c as my Rem 700 7mm mag needs a scope 8)

Offline DalesCarpentry

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 11:06:46 AM »
I received the caps today and the problem has been fixed. Thanks again  Mueller customer service.  Dale

Offline Inrut24/7

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 02:42:43 PM »
I have two of the 8.5x25x44 mueller scopes, one is on my savage 17hmr and the other is on my remington 788 222. I havnt used them real hard yet, but have shot 10 or so groundhogs with both of them and love the mill dot for the 17hmr, but I would like a target dot for the 222, and wish they would offer the target dot reticle in the 8.5x25 tactical without having to step up to the illuminated eradicator,  I also had great customer service from mueller.

ps. i plan on replacing my tasco 6x24 and bsa 6x24 scopes with the muellers in the future.