Author Topic: Back from Wyoming  (Read 1105 times)

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
Back from Wyoming
« on: October 15, 2007, 06:33:24 AM »
 :) I just got back from hunting mule deer in Wyoming area C. I had a license from the leftover draw. I only hunted public land, state, BLM, national grasslands, and walk in areas.
I saw deer every day. I hunted 4 days. I also saw a few antelope while hunting.
I used a 30-06 with nosler 150gr ballistic tip bullets and a leopold 3-9 scope.
I hunted a different area each day. I had never hunted most of these areas before. I wanted to see new country.
I stayed in motels and ate lunches and snacks from the grocery stores.
I shot a young 4X4 mule deer buck on the 4th day. I had seen a few bucks up to this time but either didn't shoot or they were too small or too far away or on private land.
I had a good time and the west is a beautiful place to hunt. If you want to shoot a trophy I would find private land to hunt or go up into the national forests.
Good luck hunting everyone.

Offline james

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
Re: Back from Wyoming
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 05:12:39 PM »
Glad to hear U had a good time.  Just got back from a rushed antelope hunt in Wyoming,- zones 27 & 29.  Daughter only missed a day and half of school but got her first goat.  We saw a few whitetail and mulie does but no bucks.  Did see one herd of elk with a 6 x 6 bull.  If we had more time, I would have liked to shoot a few prairie dogs and call coyotes.  Jack rabbits were so thick the highway North of Douglas was paved with them.    We tented it a couple of nights and ate out of the cooler.  I did take a small stove for hot chocolate, coffee and oatmeal.   Yep, its fun.

Offline crow_feather

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 06:41:33 PM »
What your daughter learned, and what she will remember, will more than make up for the school she missed
IF THE WORLD DISARMED, WE WOULD BE SPEAKING THE LANGUAGE USED BY THE AGGRESSIVE ALIENS THAT LIVE ON THE THIRD MOON OF JUPITOR.

Offline qscale

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 12:58:29 AM »
   I envy You! I have no children and no longer hunt with my father. Keep up the good work Dad!

Brian

Offline freddogs

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 05:34:09 AM »
Seems to be a good year for rabbits in Wyoming.