Author Topic: Regulations for storage and transportaion of black powder in California  (Read 577 times)

Offline Keegan55

• Trade Count: (0)
Does anyone know about the regs for storage and transportation limits of black powder in California.     My group is expanding their artillery and I have read some of the regs and they are confusing.  Confusing between the Feds and State regs.   Please let me know how much I can store at home in Type2 magazine and transport without a permit.   And how much with a permit or licence. 

Thanks
Keegan

Offline lance

Re: Regulations for storage and transportaion of black powder in California
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 05:28:46 PM »
Hey Keegan, i'm in Virginia so i can't help ya on California laws.......... But, i can say welcome to the board......... throw a few Artillery pictures on here sometime.
PALADIN had a gun.....I have guns, mortars, and cannons!

Offline Will Bison

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 05:53:40 PM »
Five pounds is the most you can have in a single location without permits and magazine. I just posted the CA regs someplace and didn't save the web site.

It's under the State Fire Marshall site.

Bill

Offline Santa Dave

• RBS
  • GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:03:25 PM »
Yes , but!
There are local regs too!(at least here)
Max possession of two pounds! that means You can't have a cannon   a rifle and a pistol at the same time! (but the only place it ever has an effect is at the gun shop , and I can't AFFORD more than two pounds so its no matter at all!
Santa Dave

73 days 'til CHRISTMAS! (book your Santa NOW!)
Wear Something RED on fridayTo show YOUR support for our troops! Even if YOU don't support the war!