Author Topic: muzzle break question  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
Re: muzzle break question
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2007, 04:42:01 PM »
I stopped by the gunsmith today and it is fitted and at the "bluer". I should get it on Tuesday. I asked him about shipping barrels to him and he is ok with it. He will install your break and ship it back to you. Cost is 95 bucks installed plus shipping. I also had a thread protector made that will also be blued. Th protector cost an extra 10 bucks. The g-smith is going out of town tomorrow and will be gone for a week. ( I set it up to pick up my barrel at the bluer) After he gets back I will get the address for anyone who wants it.
Brian
IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2007, 06:37:45 PM »
Mitchell, it's not a matter of their feelings, the muzzle blast of a braked rifle is directed back and to the sides, that's how they reduce recoil, the blast is what hurts, not just the noise,  you're really disappointing your friends here if you aren't considerate enough to realize that!! >:( Go stand down range to the side of someone shooting and you'll see what it's like, no fun at all, even with plugs and muffs!

Tim

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transition_ballistics

trust me man try standing next to a m82 we weren't talkin about the freaking shock wave we were talking about noise  and it being loud enough to offend people, and to that if they can't handle the noise get off the range thats what happens , again guns go BOOM.

now about brakes throwing stuff people , i have never been on a range that was so close that my brakes where throwing stuff up on people. in this case i could see stopping useing brakes caz its not about feeling if your throwing stuff in peoples faces somebodys going to get hurt, so i would move but i'm still not taking off my brakes

I hope you have a place to shoot your 50 when you get home...Most ranges around here are not allowing them unless they have at least 1000 yards...and 60 foot high berms for liability reasons...and due to the damage they do to the older shallow berms...

you don't remember my 700 yard range in my back yard at home???

I remember..What I am saying is for those who have to venture forth and find a place......not every one has their own range in their back yard ;)

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Hofs01

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (37)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2007, 03:32:33 PM »
Ok it is back from the gunsmith. Here it is before

Here it is after

IF we're not supposed to eat animals,
how come God made 'em outta meat?

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2007, 06:08:14 PM »
Nice job your smith did there! Not to get to far off the subject but is the Mag-na-Port company still in business?? I remember seeing there ads for years in Guns n Ammo magazine. I think this type of barrel cutting was for larger calibers to reduce muzzle flip. -g
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline PHATINJUN

• "Seeker of the Red Mist"
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (144)
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2007, 07:28:48 AM »
Yes magna port is still in operation . Kurt
Deceased 2/16/24
https://www.dignitymemorial.com/obituaries/machesney-park-il/kurt-heckman-11671764

Sportster17M2,20"Nickle410Tamer,26"410,
WTUTI12ga,WTU25-06,M158 22RemJet, 24"Ultra.204Ruger24"UltraFluted.204Ruger
M157Mannliker.22Hornet,24".223UltraFluted,   24".223Ultra,7X64BrenekkeUltra,22-250AIUltraFluted            7.62x39,22"303Britstub.32H&Rmag, .32303BritstubHuntsman,24" SS.50calHuntsman 58calHuntsman 12gaHuntsman
NEF RevolversSSModel73.32H&Rmag                     Blued Model73.32H&R mag The herd is shrinking!!
                                 "SOLI DEO GLORIA"

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2007, 11:42:31 AM »
that looks darn good man . have you shot it yet???
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while