Author Topic: Buffalo Bullets Question  (Read 840 times)

Offline Jack Crevalle

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
Buffalo Bullets Question
« on: October 17, 2007, 01:01:15 AM »

Is it necessary to put in a Wonder Wad or grease over the ends of the cylinder when using Buffalo Bullets?

I seem to recall doing it without problems because they seemed to have a great deal of beeswax or something on their sides to begin with.

Offline mykeal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Re: Buffalo Bullets Question
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 02:52:14 AM »
Many people would argue it's not necessary to put grease over a round ball, so it's not an easy question to answer.

The "grease" thing has two reasons for existence: lube the bore to soften fouling and prevent chain fires. This can also be accomplished with a lubed felt wad under the ball. I don't use Buffalo Bullets, so I'm not familiar with their configuration, but I suspect the base of the bullet has a lubricant intended to ensure a seal against combustion gases leaking around the bullet and perhaps to accomplish the anti-fouling goal as well. In either case I imagine this obviates the "need" for an over-the-bullet grease application.

Offline Jack Crevalle

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 01:47:14 AM »

I'm referring specifically to preventing chain fires.

Offline msmith

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 03:12:34 AM »
Hey Jack. Where are you getting Buffalo Bullets? I thought they were out of business. Anyway, I can't find them anywhere.

Thanks,
Mike

Offline Jack Crevalle

• A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 01:39:52 AM »

I was buying them locally but the place has changed it's hours and the couple of times I went by they were closed. I don't know if they are going out of business or just have to move since the strip mall they are in says "for lease".