Author Topic: Update on the House fire at Matt's home  (Read 350 times)

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Update on the House fire at Matt's home
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:24 AM »
Matt was over yesterday helping me repair my garage door that broke on me, yeah the door literally broke.  :o We got it working again with some jury rigging until I can get a more permanent and proper fix.

At any rate while he was here he commented to me he finally figured out what the explosion was that really is what saved them and most especially our grandson Wyatt. That explosion shook the house and got their attention in a timely enough manner for Matt to get upstairs grab Wyatt and get him out and then he barely had time to rescue Wyatt's diaper bag and Matt's computer before the place was too engulfed for going back again.

The heating/AC unit was where the explosion took place. Matt got to looking around at it and noticed it was quite thoroughly destroyed by the blast. So mystery solved as to the explosion that really saved them by alerting them something was not right in a timely enough manner to get out safely.

They have found a house they are really wanting to get into on an owner financed buy but are still short of the cash needed to close the deal right now. He's scrounging heavily right now to come up with the money and hopes to be able to raise it in time. They are real close. I've not seen the house but know the general area it is in and there are no bad places to live there. From his description this is a really nice place that is even a bit larger than the house that burned.

Thanks to all of you who have helped them in this time of need. That help will prove the difference in allowing them to begin to get their lives back together and in time back to normal.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dusty Miller

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Update on the House fire at Matt's home
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 02:38:36 PM »
Its good to hear they are moving on.  A lot of people would get hung up on something like that and wallow for a long time.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 03:07:31 PM »
Hope everything works out for them.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 02:38:51 AM »
how are they on clothes and toys for the kids?  i have some stuff packaged and ready to go but i dont know if they still need it or not.