Author Topic: Weaver base recommendations needed  (Read 436 times)

Offline The Sodbuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Weaver base recommendations needed
« on: October 13, 2007, 05:57:53 AM »
A while back I got a new Nikon Monarch 3-9 X 40mm scope for my 270.  This was a Savage 110 bought as a package gun some years ago and I decided to upgrade from the Simmons scope that came with it.  I decided since I was getting a new scope, I'd get new bases and rings too.  Ordered some Burris, weaver-style rings and the 2-piece, Burris, extreme tactical base.  Got the rings; the bases were backordered.  I've tried ordering those bases from a number of other vendors and no one has 'em; nor do they expect to get them in anytime soon.  Jon, I only found Burris standard bases on your website.

Any recommendations for weaver-style bases for a pre-accutrigger Savage 110?  I like one piece bases, but it's a lefty gun so I went with 2 piece.  I also prefer at least 2 slots to allow more flexibility in scope mounting.  Also, does anyone know why Burris apparently isn't making their extreme tactical bases; at least not for a while?

Offline The Sodbuster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Re: Weaver base recommendations needed
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 05:24:45 AM »
I should add that I tried to use the bases that came with the gun as part of the original package.  The Burris Custom Zee ring fit the front base, but I couldn't tighten the screw enough to get it tight on the rear base.  I turned the screw as much as I could and the ring was still wobbly on that base.  It worked fine with the rings that came with the gun, but not with these. 

Offline ~Ace~

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
  • Over Educated Under Achiever
    • TN Predators.com
Re: Weaver base recommendations needed
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 05:44:51 AM »
I believe SWFA has the Burris and Warnes in stock for the Flat Reciever...

http://www.swfa.com/pc-6636-190-burris-xteme-tactical-2-piece-base.aspx

and 

http://www.swfa.com/pc-11307-1726-new-warne-maxima-2-piece-base.aspx

I prefer the Warne One piece base myself, Solid as a rock and no trouble loading / Unloading