Author Topic: What Happened to the Kel-tec P32 ??  (Read 4596 times)

Offline tonygrz

• Trade Count: (1)
What Happened to the Kel-tec P32 ??
« on: August 02, 2008, 08:25:40 PM »
I just ran thru all the posts and there was just one mention of the Kel-tec P32.  I was wondering why?  It was recommened to me by a local policeman.  He and his wife both carry the P32 off duty loaded up with Corbon bullets.  I purchased one used because the person said that the pistol would not cycle correctly.  After I bought it for a very reasonable price, I took it apart and found a raised area on the feed ramp.  Just a few strokes with a file and now it works just fine.

But back to the main question - do you not like the P32 because of the round - 32ACP ??  I really like the small size and light weight.  Yesterday was the first day I could legally carry concealed.  I just slipped the P32 in my from shorts pocket after moving my change to the other pocket.  It was really comfortable with no drag down on my waist band. 

Some historical review - how many European countries used the 32ACP as their primary carry round for police and secret departments.  Get close, take the shot and take the guy down.  Someone said you might run into a guy on PCP.  And I might get hit by lighting too.  I keep the P32 by the front door and just slip it into my pocket when I go out.  And I would venture to say that there are a huge number of heavy 9MM, 40s, 357 SIGs and 45s still in the house because they are too heavy and bulky to comfortably carry. 

As for my second and third carry guns - my second choice is a .22 auto by Iver Johnson.  Very dependable with the right ammo.  And my third choice is an OMC 380 backup.  They're the type of guns that you actually carry and not leave at home.

Just my personal views.  Thanks for reading.

Tony Garza
tonygrz
Life is great, don't screw it up with WORK !!!

Offline Savage

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What Happened to the Kel-tec P32 ??
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 03:43:15 PM »
Nothing wrong with the P32! I've owned 2 of them. My wife still carries hers.  Only reason I went to the P3ATs that I now own, is for a slightly more powerful round in about the same size package. Of course I also own a PF9 if I want to go slightly larger without getting into a belt gun. Of the 3 guns you mentioned, the P32  would be my choice. The AMT is too heavy for the caliber, and -------------why would anyone carry a .22 when they own a .32 that's smaller and lighter!! Stay safe and keep the KT in your pocket!!
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline torpedoman

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
3 to 5 that a head shot will stop that guy on pcp
the nation that forgets it defenders will itself be forgotten

Offline Savage

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 05:56:57 AM »
torpedoman,
10 to 1 neither one of us can make that head shot in the time we'll have to get it done. Especially in an adrenaline dump state, with a pocket gun, brought on by a "Do or Die" situation. Your best chance is "Center Mass" and yank the trigger until you get relief!
Savage

Offline straydog

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 01:05:11 PM »
  Guys/Gals,

I will tell you what, of all the handguns I have the one I almost always
    have with me is the P32
  Size/weight of the gun is everything to me.
  I am amazed at how well these things shoot.
  At 30 feet it puts 8 corbons into a human silhouette kill zone QUICK.
  I have the 1 round mag extension because I have large hands.
  No problems at all after about 12 boxes so far.
  They do now have a .380 auto that's almost the same size I am getting
  for the misses.
                  Good Shooting-----Straydog   

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 04:44:04 AM »
Mine functions 100% and is quite accurate and especially so for such a tiny handgun. I use Silver Tips in mine. It fills a slot for me but sure enough isn't the only carry gun I use. There are times and places where a larger gun just doesn't work but this tiny little bugger can always be slipped into a pocket even a shirt pocket if needed and be available when needed.

I prefer a round with more power so when I can I'll normally carry a more powerful gun than it but on those occasions when it's a small gun or no gun it fills the bill nicely. I wish my P11 9mm had been as accurate and functioned as well as this one if it had I'd still own it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline BullyDawg19

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2008, 10:44:51 AM »
my P32 is my "always gun". it always goes bang - and it always goes with me. i put the belt clip on it and hang it in my pocket. works like a charm.

Offline slim rem 7

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2008, 04:44:26 AM »
  break in on the p3at takes a bit but i kinda wonder now if all the problems i had with it feeding were not limp wrist based.. i think kel tec knows people are gonna do it .. hence the word that it will take a couple hundred rnds to get it working right all the time..its not a snubby ,it takes learning the proper grip .. then it will feed anything ive tried.. i also messed up the feeding with too much lube on the action.. another no no.. all these problems were caused by ignorance of how the gun operates..never really faults of the kel tec..now its as sure as my sig was..pretty dang good little guns these kel tecs

Offline straydog

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2008, 06:46:48 AM »

My buddies always kid me about the little keltec, most are Kimber
 guys,but usually they don't have them on them but are in the safe.

I just am amazed that you can have something that is 8 ounces "loaded"

I find that with Levi's 560 jeans the gun fits "exactly perfect" in the little
  front watch pocket.It is held skin tight to you and only a little of the grip
  is exposed.it draws plenty fast and stays in place when seated.

All you need is to have your tee shirt out and your good to go.

Take Care---Straydog 

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2008, 02:37:01 PM »
Like Greybeard I'm amazed at how well such a tiny lightweight gun with no sights shoots. At even as far as 25yds out I can keep all my shots in torso target.

Offline funshooter2

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2008, 05:51:56 AM »
Nothing wrong with the .32acp. I took care of a guy that has one lodged in his spine and took the use of his legs. Dr can't remove it without finishing killing him. He is a big guy (ex-seal) and was security. Got hit with a back shot by a BGs accomplice. Took him down with one shot. Bad deal. I went with the P3AT because it has more ammo selection in this area, is a little more powerful round, and is the same size. It goes with me more than anything other than the NAA .22mag. All 3 are underrated IMO. I never liked the .25 and have seen several people shot with one with little to no injury. I used to carry a Berretta .22, but why when today there is better in the same size. The P32 would be my choice under the .380 and is better if you need less recoil.

Offline 44 Man

• Trade Count: (28)
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:39:46 AM »
I had one for a while.  Then I made the mistake of trying to shoot a ground squirell at 10 feet in front of witnesses.  How embarassing!  Well, after being able to shoot a mouse at 15 feet with my .38 snub, I decided that the P32 was a gun I could do without.  Especially after having a VERY accurate 1903 Colt in .32 (that I should have kept!).  To be fair, I had not spent a lot of time working with the P32 at the time, but I really felt I should have been able to get on target with a magazine full at that distance as the little critter just stood there looking at me.  Next time I will practice more and locate exactally where a gun is shooting before saying 'good enough' and stuffing it in my pocket.  This post is more against me for now having determined where the gun was shooting than against the gun itself.  44 Man
You are never too old to have a happy childhood!

Offline Savage

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:59:01 AM »
44Man,
LOL! I can visualize that happening, only with me as the shooter! I learned a long time ago, that a simple feat can and will go wrong when plenty of witnesses are present. Bet your witnesses get a lot of mileage out of it !!!
Savage

Offline straydog

« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 03:37:03 AM »
  44MAN,

Something has to be going on with your little keltec?
  I know a guy at the sportsman club I belong to that had a
similar issue with his and it ended up being a defective barrel.

Keltec replaced the barrel and did a trigger job on it and it is fine now.Free
They did say that VERY FEW had that problem though, but I would definitely
see about sending yours in and have them go through it.(s/b no cost)

I just grabbed mine before replying and went out back(I have my own shooting range setup)set down a piece of 6"x6" post about 5" long,I put a bullseye
in the middle of it about the size of a silver dollar and squeezed off a mag
full,I had a group around 2 inches but most were Really close.
I then tried a second mag full at the results were even a little better.

Please give Keltec a call,don't give up on that little 6 OZ gun.
For concealed carry all the time you cannot beat that little gun if it
shoots like it should.I have to believe that it is not you as you stated
you shoot mice at 15 feet with your other gun.That keltec should not be off
that much.I would get a target and try a few mags and have the results
ready with you talk to Keltec and make sure you grip the gun firmly when
shooting it,because of it being so light a firm grip seems to help alot.

Straydog       

Offline DenLee

« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2008, 05:14:46 PM »
Mine works fine with about 200 rounds. I still have it for summer TX pocket carry. I plan on having this for a couple of decades.

Offline OSOK

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2008, 05:42:26 PM »
I bought a P-3AT for me and let my wife shoot it. She liked it, but I could tell the recoil was a bit uncomfortable for her. So, I borrowed a buddy's P-32 and let her shoot it...and had to order her one! I have shot both, and I have found that her P-32 is quite a bit more accurate than my P-3AT. I keep both guns loaded with Corbon ammo, and wouldn't hesitate to use either if forced to. Neither is going to be as effective as a12 ga. with 00 buckshot, but who can carry a 7 shot 12 ga. in their front pocket?
“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Offline straydog

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2008, 01:27:14 PM »

Guys/Gals,

You know, when I purchased the little army green kel-tec years ago I
 really bought this for more of a novelty item because I was amazed by its size.
 I didn't expect it to perform as flawless as it does nor be as accurate.
  Now myself being I bet like allot of you,I will say I have went a little overkill
 by purchasing really more guns than I will ever use but I thought I going to get the guns I wanted before there comes that time when the leftwingers overtake
our gun rights on buying any more.(call me a little paranoid but that's what I did)
PLEASE EVERYONE JOIN THE NRA (and sign up family members/friends too).

Trust me I have done allot of soul searching to what for myself the best choice for a concealed firearm to be and I have tried carrying guns like a Beretta tomcat/colt magnum carry/colt 1991a1/S&W 629/Taurus pt111/Kel-tec p40/even my Taurus Raging Bull 454(ya I know we are getting a little carried away here) but honestly the gun I always feel the best carrying is this Little P32 Kel-tec.

Would this be the best gun if someone who wants to do me harm is who is also packing (proably with a bigger gun)and maybe even at a fair distance away? no, or would this be the best carry gun to try to be some type of a hero with some armed store robber several isles over? I would say no. What I will say is for that one time god forbid which I pray NEVER COMES when there is that close up situation which you have thought/tried all other options but maybe you have no more choices left, at least for me I think this gun is the very best because its the one that probably when needed is small enough that I would actually be packing.

Under that circumstance I feel that gun and all things considered is the very
best option at least for myself. If Kel-tec or anyone else comes up with a 4 or 5 Oz .32 that is smaller and is as reliable/accurate/manageable then maybe I will carry one of those instead.  (Until then Long Live The P32)
   Straydog     

Offline kevinh1157

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 07:45:55 AM »
I love my .32 and carry it often.  With the gun so flat and light, I can carry my P3AT at the same time in a coat pocket, vest or wherever and have two guns that total less weight than many other guns.  While I am old enough to stay away from most trouble, my business takes me into bad areas in Oakland.  When I have to go there, I take my P40 with the P3AT as backup.

Offline straydog

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2008, 03:33:00 AM »
kevinh1157,

When you are in a bad area carring the P40,which also is a great little
shooter(I have one) I assume you have the chamber empty or if not how
do you have it fixed for safety sake.I knew a guy which WAS a cop that had a glock that shot has right leg with it and screwed him up big time.

That is the only thing that bugs me about these no safety little guys
except for the long trigger pull. In the extreme need knowing I have to rack it first sometimes makes me think about using my Taurus PT111 or Colt Magnum
Carry but they are so much more a pain in the but for always carry.

Any ideas would be helpful,    Thanks

Offline Savage_99

• Contributor
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2008, 03:53:46 AM »
I bought a new Keltec 32 a few years ago.   It would not fire any ammo.   They said to send it back.

When it came back I brought it to the range.   I could not hit the target with it at 7 yds.  A buddy who is an outstanding pistol shot and a competitor with pistols could not hit the target either at 7 yds.

A guy watching us got a clip full at the target and he hit the target once.

I sold the Keltec and got a Seecamp 32.   The Seecamp is reliable.

Offline straydog

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2008, 04:24:32 AM »
  I would be bummed if any gun shot that bad,something had to be wrong
with that one? I would have wanted Keltec to make it right(replace or give you
your money back or something.I can understand that you have lost confidence
in that brand and I cannot fault you for that.

Anyway those seecamps are great little guns and if it shoots good that is
all you need!!    Good Luck Savage_99 !!!! 

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2019, 05:26:49 AM »
btt

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!