Author Topic: North American Arms, small .22 revolvers, anybody carry?  (Read 814 times)

Offline His lordship.

• Trade Count: (12)
North American Arms, small .22 revolvers, anybody carry?
« on: October 16, 2007, 03:13:02 PM »
Looking to upgrade my small conceal carry gun, have an old Freedom Arms .22 RF revolver.  The problem with it is that I can only carry 4 shots as it is not safe to leave the hammer on a loaded round. 

Also, after awhile the .22 rimfire primers seem to go bad as I have to rotate the ammo in the cylinder every now and then or the primers don't ignite the ammo.  I have tested the older ammo in my other full sized .22 RF guns and they often don't work in them either.  I think the body heat is affecting them.  Anybody notice that too?

Thinking of either another .22 RF, or a .22 mag.  Noticed that they dropped the .17 HMR cartridge.

I like the options that North American Arms has, lots of choices.    Definately an improvement on the line.  Anybody carry one of those, how do they like it?  I am looking at either a Kel-Tec, or the North American Arms revolvers.  I know I should use a bigger gun, but I have been able to carry my little Freedom Arms revolver in summer cloths very comfortably, and it has kept me safe for along time.

Thanks.

Offline Deadeye351

• Trade Count: (4)
Re: North American Arms, small .22 revolvers, anybody carry?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 03:27:53 PM »
I carry  the NAA .22  mag every day. As far as the ammo  goes  if you  will  shoot it once a week which  is nothing but  needed practice, you  won't have to  worry about ammo  going bad. Black Widow all the way !

Offline Doublebass73

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 04:58:37 PM »
I carry a NAA .22 magnum with holster grip every day. I love it. It it very accurate at 7 yards, extremely light and very fun to shoot.
It enables me to carry in a situation where I  can't carry anything larger (company I work for doesn't allow any weapons on campus).
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

---- William Pitt (the Younger), Speech in the House of Commons, November 18, 1783

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2007, 05:22:03 AM »
   After some thought in finding a firearm that I could carry at all times and not have to worry about dressing around the gun. I narrowed it down to  the Keltec P32. I have never had any issues with concealment or with ammo going bad. It is accurate for what it is reliable and easy to tuck and forget. I also think the cartridge while not the largest is capable if you are.

Offline benjaminw7528

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
 I carry one in the long rifle and love it. The ammo I use is rem yellow jackets never had one to go bad yet

Offline GSD17

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 04:52:29 PM »
I carry one when I don't feel like carrying.

G17/G17T/G19CUT/G20/G21/G22/G23/G26/G27/G31/G35/G37
Certified GLOCK Armorer
We ride and never worry about the fall... ... I guess that's just the cowboy in us all...