Author Topic: HELLO from Iraq!  (Read 513 times)

Offline hardertr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
HELLO from Iraq!
« on: October 11, 2007, 02:30:43 PM »
Hello gentlemen...it's been a while since my last visit to the forum.  I sure missed you guys.
I'm getting to the end of month ONE....only 14 (hopefully) to go!  Things here sure aren't what I expected.  I'm in one of the more "obscure" spots.  I got to spend three days in Baghdad and think of that as paradise compared to my new home.

We also found out my wife is pregnant.  We were planning on coming to Iraq together to rake in some $$big bucks$$, but someone saw fit to deal us a new hand.  :)  It was definitely a mixed blessing since we pretty much gave up after 5 years of trying.  The icing on the cake - it's going to be a boy!  That means MORE GUNS... "for him"  ;)

The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline jh45gun

Re: HELLO from Iraq!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 03:23:01 PM »
Congrats on the pregnancy and hope the time flys fast until you get home.
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline DaveShooter

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 04:01:06 PM »
Congrats on the pregnancy and hope the time flys fast until you get home.
Hey friend,
                               #1) I salute ya. Congrats on the great news.God keep ya in his hands for you and others in harms way.
Please come home safely and soon.My heart goes out to all men and women in uniform. I know we got to fight the enemy. And again all the respect to the men and women in uniform. Just have a hard time giving respect to the commander and chief and I voted for him. I guess the lesser of 2 evils.Anyway take-care and watch your 6.
DaveShooter

Offline qscale

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2007, 12:52:55 AM »
   I would just like to repeat what Dave said!!!

Tell everyone else there, "Thank you for your service!"

Brian

Offline Glanceblamm

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:25:43 AM »
hardertr

Thank you for defending our freedom...Please thank everyone there for me.
Congrat's on the new baby, He will bring much joy.

Offline DalesCarpentry

• Trade Count: (32)
  • I would rather be shooting!!
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 04:57:05 PM »
Congrats on the new child to be!!!!!!! I know it really stinks to be stuck in a crap hole like that at this time of your life. I thank you more than I can say. I hope you make it home safe to your new little boy and wife. Good luck to you and do us all a favor and put a bullet in Bin Laduan's head. Then you can come home a hero and make a million bucks.    Thanks again Dale
The quality of a mans life is in direct proportion to his commitment to excellence.

A bad day at the range is better than a good day at work!!

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2007, 06:04:30 PM »
Thank you all for your regards!

We've had a pretty rough last couple of days here.  Mortars and snipers are almost as common as the sand, flies, and "man-dresses".  I am fortunate enough to be on a coalition run base, so I don't get bored by seeing M-16s, M-4s and Berettas everywhere.  I was standing outside our building the other day and saw a Polish soldier toting his AK, a PKM, and his buddy was carrying 2 RPGs.  I don't envy their jobs at all!

General Order Number 1A sure is an "inconvenience"....  Everything from pistols to AKs and RPGs to Katyusha rockets end up in a pile back here on base.  Sure would be nice to take a piece or two home as a "trophy".
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline Heavy C

• Trade Count: (7)
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »
Thanks for your service.  Stay safe and congratulations on the pregnancy.  May God bless you.

Offline jjamna

• Avid Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2007, 09:22:20 PM »
A great big THANK YOU to you and your comrads for doing what you do so we can shoot guns and talk about whatever we want without getting in trouble. Congradulations on the news on the youngin

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2007, 12:13:45 AM »

Hardertr;

Thank you for your service !

Yes; those weapons are a temptation..but you can't get far with them as "souvenirs"..

During his last deployment, my Grandson, while clearing out terrorist houses, obtained a very nice Glock .40 and an AK that was entirely chrome plated.
  Seems the high "warlords", like "pretty" weapons .

In Kuwait, when you get ready to ship back home, there will be guys running around in BDUs with a big sign on their back that reads "CUSTOMS"..
   That's what happened to his "prizes".
         He did manage however, to bring back other things taken in direct confrontations with the enemy..bayonet, head gear etc.

One great thing available now is the new "high tech" cameras..some of your greatest souvenirs can come home in one of those tiny "chips" that hold
    hundreds of photos.
       He has some that were taken immediately before and after firefights..very few during, for obvious reasons..LOL

These are nice to keep and share later..helps to explain places and experiences...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)