Author Topic: A Good Word for Cannon-Mannia  (Read 1757 times)

Offline redbaron80

• Trade Count: (0)
A Good Word for Cannon-Mannia
« on: October 10, 2007, 10:55:27 AM »
:)Some good feedback on Cannon-Mania. I both called and emailed Dave at Cannon-Mannia asking about his .69 cal Old Ironsides Naval Cannon. He called me back saying he was out of stock,but should have some in the following Thursday. I called back the following Monday and Dave said they were in stock. I placed the order for two of them and they arrived the next day!! The are NICE!! Check them out. So this time I found service at Cannon Mannia quite pleasing.
Bill, Ossipee,NH

Offline redbaron80

Re: A Good Word for Cannon-Mannia
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 11:20:49 AM »
OOPS! That's Cannon-Mania and not Mannia. I hope I shoot better than I spell!
Bill

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 12:19:03 PM »
You sir are a trusting soul  indeed.
2 years worth of  wrongs don't make a right .
caveat emptor

Offline Keegan55

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 05:08:22 PM »
I too have had good dealings w/ Cannon-Mania.  I have been a customer for over a year now.   They help me the wheels and trunnion caps for my first cannon no problems on stock and delivery time.

Keegan

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 05:16:02 PM »
You sir are a trusting soul  indeed.
2 years worth of  wrongs don't make a right .
caveat emptor

----- Original Message -----
To: Cannon-Mania
Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 1:38 PM
Subject: Re: Order status

Yes after the ..., you know what..., I will get back to you in a year and 9 months. O.K.
rich

If this is the attitude you are going to take in regard to our efforts to get Cannon-Mania to make right all wrongs to GBO members then I do not want to see another post from you on this subject. Either provide the info you have so you can be refunded or accept that it's your fault you're getting nothing back. He is willing to provide a refund if you'll help chase down the order. Clearly his records are not up to stuff but if you aren't willing to help us in getting you a refund at least have the deceny to end your rant about it. He's trying to meet you half way but you're walking backward away from him rather than meeting him in the middle. It's put up or shut up time.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 05:29:19 PM »
Keegan55 and redbaron80,

I suggest you got to the main Cannon Mania post and post your positive feedback. That post is the one that is linked to the resource list.  It is just as important to have positive feed back in that post as negative.

GrayBeard,

Tropico's issue with Cannon Mania was resolved several weeks ago.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
Doug are you saying the e-mail C-M fed me was NOT from Tropico then? I definitely recall a member here posting that comment and you and I both tried to convince them to take a different tack. C-M sent it to me representing it as from Tropico which is why I said what I did. If it was not then I was misinformed by C-M AGAIN.  ::)

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Double D

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 05:56:19 PM »
Yes it's from Tropico but the issue has been resolved since then...I worked with Tropico and got it settled.

People  who have Complaints against  Cannon Mania and the status of their complaint.
  • CivilCannon reported 120406 Paid Cannon order/exchange Order not filled Compliant filed with CT AG
  • dobber reported 05212007 that he ordered a cannon 11012006 Status unknown

CivilCannon said 10/03/07  he heard from Cannon Mania and a refund is on the way.  He has not said if he got the refund.

We have not heard back from doober.  I will go back and look his complaint over and see what I can come up with.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 06:09:17 PM »
I dont want to offend anyone., and will not mention Cannon Mania again., sorry .

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 10:26:44 AM »
Hay All I got a message about a week ago from David that I would receive a full refund, but to date nothing In the way of a refund has  arrived. I would appreciate any help from Grey Beard DD or any one to settle this matter. Once again Order No's 1907-9785-8042
and 1905-3796-6335 . Some of the items from the 2 orders were received but other items were not. David has all of those details and I can provide documentation if necessary, as I told him I am due $725.00 as I add up the missing items.

Thanks Civilcannon

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 11:01:02 AM »
OK Tropico my apologies I clearly had a misunderstanding of the situation from the contact I got from David. He has me about as confused as he seems to be at this point over this matter. If it's resolved then he "should" know that and yet he sent me that e-mail yesterday as if it was not and that it wasn't because you wouldn't cooperate. As I said he should have known better and that e-mail from him to me should not have happened it seems to me. Consider my comments to you rescinded. Sorry bout the confusion.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 02:53:50 PM »
I am out of the loop on this at this point ., but I will say I know its been a hard go on the members that have been out of pocket and communication for such a long time. Also I will say its been rough on DD  and Bill (Greybeard) for trying to make it right all the way around ( for everyone ) .
I would like to simply speak for myself and probably the others..., We  ( I )  would like to publicly thank the board for its efforts., and lastly I would like to express my appreciation for just being able to enjoy this forum. Thank You Greybeard for GBO Black Powder Forums .

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 03:17:21 PM »
Per Graybeard "If this is the attitude you are going to take in regard to our efforts to get Cannon-Mania to make right all wrongs to GBO members then I do not want to see another post from you on this subject."
Wow, looks like our usual friendly diplomacy went out the window on that one.  Perhaps someone just "got out of bed on the wrong side" that day. ;D
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2007, 06:08:31 PM »
Did you read my apology? I was operating on bad info provided to me by David AGAIN.

I have contacted him via e-mail again today on behalf of Civil Cannon and explained to him that I do expect the refund be made to clear the matter.

If dobber refuses to respond to mine or DD's attempts at communication and continues to ignore David's we have no real choice but to write him off. You can't help someone who refuses to help themselves. That is kinda what David told me Tropico was doing when the settlement between them was already completed prior to David's e-mail to me causing me the embarassment of the comment you seem so concerned about.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Blaster

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 10:39:17 AM »
" Perhaps someone just "got out of bed on the wrong side" that day. ;D

Bill, I did NOT mean that comment of mine to seem of a critical nature.  This is your board and you can say anything you want and in any tone that you so desire.  I just had to kinda chuckle when I saw how you worded it, saying that you DID NOT WANT TO SEE ANOTHER POST from him on the subject.  The reason that I had to chuckle is that just about everyone on this board is EXTREMELY friendly and seems to go way out of their way to carefully and diplomatically word their posts in more of a suggestive manner so the recipients do not feel that they are getting a direct order, like one from a Company Commander or a Drill Sergeant.  I'll keep my comments and chuckles to myself in the future.  This is the greatest web site on the entire information highway and sure do hope we can keep it going in the usual friendly tone for many years to come.
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 09:17:13 AM »
Greybeard : I want to thank you and DD for all of your efforts  to get in touch with David at Cannon Mannia I will keep you informed with what happens with my request.

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2007, 07:47:13 AM »
Just an update on my situation ,it's been a little over a week since Greybeard sent a e-mail to David at Cannon Mania and I still have had no response or questions or refund check to date. I do appreciate all of the support from the entire board regarding this matter.

Greybeard did you get any response?

Offline Double D

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2007, 08:31:05 AM »
Folks lets keep all the Cannon mania comments Good and bad in this post.  Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania

It's  not fair to Cannon Mania that we have one post of negative and a separate unconnected post of positive.  I am going to lock this post and link it in to the Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania post.

If you have posted positive Comments in this post you need to go over to Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania and add positive comments there also so the post is not so one sided.

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2007, 08:38:50 AM »
Just an update on my situation ,it's been a little over a week since Greybeard sent a e-mail to David at Cannon Mania and I still have had no response or questions or refund check to date. I do appreciate all of the support from the entire board regarding this matter.

Greybeard did you get any response?

No he seems to have ignored me since I last wrote him asking him to take care of your situation.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125