Author Topic: 20 ga tracker II w/ thumbhole stock  (Read 541 times)

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
20 ga tracker II w/ thumbhole stock
« on: October 21, 2007, 03:28:09 AM »
Just got this barrel last week and took it out for the first time yesterday.  Wow this thing recoils like my 450 marlin barrel!!  I think maybe this gun is little too light. Shot 3 different types of slugs:2-3/4" Rem. Buckhammers, 3" federals w/ tipped barnes expanders, 2-3/4" win. partition gold.  Was raining, but still did some off-hand shooting at 50 yds.  The buckhammers did the best with all but 1 hole touching each other.  The federal barnes expanders coming in second w/ 3-4 in. group.  The partition golds did not fare very well. But that might because the recoil got to me alittle.  I'm not liking this thumbhole stock that much.  My ultra laminate stock feels a bit better as far as recoil.  I shoot my 450 marlin all day with that stock and have no problems. I think the comb is too high for this open sight barrel, though I would like to try it.  I might try putting some weight in the thumbhole stock first.  Can this be done??? Have not took the pad off and looked to see if there is a place to put weight.  Has any one else tryed out the new thumbhole stocks??  What was your exp. with them???
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
Re: 20 ga tracker II w/ thumbhole stock
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 05:59:06 AM »
I've got two of em on light kickers, 243 and 7x57, I like em a lot for those two. I don't think there's a hole in the stock for weight since the bolt is in the grip. But you certainly could drill a cavity in the stock for weight or a mercury recoil suppressor which works better than an equal amount of weight.

Tim

http://www.mpcsports.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=245

"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline 300winman

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 12:02:13 AM »
Thanks quickdtoo.  I have heard great things about the mercury recoil suppressors in the past, but really had no need for one.  I think I'll give it a try.  I like the stock, just need to tame the recoil a bit.
Big Guns get''''r done!!!!

Offline ratherbefishin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 02:59:36 AM »
is that smooth or rifles barrel?I'd be delighted if my TAMER could produce 50 yard groups like that.Hopefully it will be delivered this week-can't wait to try it out

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 03:40:54 AM »
The Tracker II is fully rifled with sights.

Tim

http://hr1871.com/Firearms/Shotguns/tracker2.aspx
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain