Author Topic: Dednutz Mount  (Read 764 times)

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Dednutz Mount
« on: May 26, 2008, 09:37:11 AM »
Does anyone here have a scope mounted in a Dednutz one piece mount? I like the look and was looking for opinions. I have a Remington 700 ADL 7mm Mag that needs a scope/mount system. I'm guessing that I would need the long action model and go with either the low or medium mount because of the factory installed iron sites. It's about 10 years old. I believe that the low or med  mount would not fit a 30mm tube if I remove the factory sights. Also would you step up to a 40mm - 42mm tube to match the cartridge's potential ?  I been a Leupold guy for years and I'm hearing good things about Nikon scope.
Any information or suggestions from anyone that has purchased one and mounted it on a 700 long action would be great!

Thanks -g
"In God We Trust - Everyone else keep you hands where I can see them!"

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
Re: Dednutz Mount
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:35:58 AM »
I like the idea of the deadnutz but I am a real fan of the Burris Signature rings. There are times when the receiver is not perfect and the inserts on the Burris come in handy.

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 11:25:39 AM »
Another one to consider that's similar to the Deadnutz is Talley's light weight one-piece, the set I mounted on my Tikka took very little lapping, I'm a Burris Signature ring lover, but the Talleys are an excellent ringmount.

Tim

http://www.talleyrings.com/lightweight.php
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:11:49 PM »
Thanks H.T. and quick for the replies.  The Talley's could be an option for me to consider also. Any input on the scope for my 7mm. It would be used for deer 200-300 Yd max. -g

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:38:40 PM »
How much to you wanta spend? ;)

Tim

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 04:12:28 PM »
I don't need anything top of the line like swarski or zeiss. $300-$400 should take care of what I need,. I guess that big question I 'm going over would be the weight and length of the scope. I want to reach out for what the 7mm can do (provided I do the same on my end) 200-300 I'd guess. I live out west and long shots are likley. I'm looking for a low profile, light weight, not overly long, no frills (No bullet drop, target knob, wide angle) that can get the job done. I've been hearing rumblings on a few boards that the quality of Leupold and Nikon are dropping off in the new models.  Thanks again. -g

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 05:02:07 PM »
That's above the price level that I have experience with, so I'll let someone else help ya out there.  ;)

Tim

Offline charles p

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 03:42:11 PM »
A 3x9 or 4x12 VXII Leupold is a great scope for the money.  Haven't seen any drop in quality and I've owned them since about 1970.

Offline PigBoy Crabshaw

• GBO Supporter
  • Contributor
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 06:12:57 PM »
Thanks Charles. I own a few mounted older Leupold's VXII 3x9's. Never had an issue with either of them. Does anyone have an opinion on the Nikon scope line?

Offline Hairtrigger

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 10:11:37 AM »
I have used a Nikon handgun scope on a Lone Eagle for years with positive results.
I just purchased a used Nikon Titanium scope and have it mounted on a 222. The Titanium scope I purchased at a bargain price. I have a hard time buying good scopes for $100 less than a Leupold, I feel Leupold scopes hold their value much better than the others.