Author Topic: Knee and Back Treatment  (Read 666 times)

Offline Bucky

• Trade Count: (0)
Knee and Back Treatment
« on: June 21, 2003, 10:05:08 AM »
After clinging up and down mountain scree slides to dig out mule deer, I often have very sore knees and back (I am sldo over 50, and was fairly active in my youth).  During the last several years I have taken Glucosamine Chondroitin (MSM) daily and it really helps (used in conjunction with neoprene knee braces & Ibuprofin).  

Recently I dragged a non hunting friend into these scree field (very early scouting in Big bear, CA: it doesn't look very good), and he informed me that he uses Knox Unflavored Gelatine (mixed with a juice) to combat artritis pains.  His description of Knox G. effects made it sound like it was very effective.  My friend said that some local firemen had informed him about this treatment, and they use it all the time.  The treatment is 1 packet of Knox Unflavored Gealtine in juice before or after the hike/hunt/ or whatever exercise.  I know that the Knox gelatine is made from boiled cow hooves (Glucosamine Chondroitin is partially derived from beef too).  Just a FYI.  I tried after our scouting trip, and the minor amount of pain symptoms I was experiencing was gone in about 2 hours.   :bye: